• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last Friday I found out that I have this genetic disorder: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HLA-B27 . If you don't feel like clicking the wiki article here is what it causes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uveitis
Uveitis is estimated to be responsible for approximately 10% of the blindness in the United States.
This was the most painful experience of mt life hands down. So if untreated Uvetis can cause cataracts and glaucoma ironically the treatments can also cause the same problems.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankylosing_spondylitis
My spine could eventually fuse itself together. This explains the undiagnosed back pain which I've suffered from for 6 years. Keep in mind I'm 22 and this started my sophomore year in high school. Sometimes the pain was so unbearable I could not walk. I had, MRI's, CAT, and a bone density scan and they could not diagnose me with a cause. The doc's just chalked it up to me doing something silly.
There are a few other things caused by the disorder, don't feel like listing them. This problem will never go away. The strange thing is that none of this really bothers me. I'm very glad to have answers to some chronic problems that I have had.

Lady Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tension/stress headache and too many things on my mind that I really don't want to think about.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
Last Friday I found out that I have this genetic disorder: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HLA-B27 . If you don't feel like clicking the wiki article here is what it causes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uveitis
Uveitis is estimated to be responsible for approximately 10% of the blindness in the United States.
This was the most painful experience of mt life hands down. So if untreated Uvetis can cause cataracts and glaucoma ironically the treatments can also cause the same problems.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankylosing_spondylitis
My spine could eventually fuse itself together. This explains the undiagnosed back pain which I've suffered from for 6 years. Keep in mind I'm 22 and this started my sophomore year in high school. Sometimes the pain was so unbearable I could not walk. I had, MRI's, CAT, and a bone density scan and they could not diagnose me with a cause. The doc's just chalked it up to me doing something silly.
There are a few other things caused by the disorder, don't feel like listing them. This problem will never go away. The strange thing is that none of this really bothers me. I'm very glad to have answers to some chronic problems that I have had.

All the best to you...

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dumbass, lazy, whiny students who want a better grade because they claim they studied hard and expected they would do better. That's not how it works!
plain.gif

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Dumbass, lazy, whiny students who want a better grade because they claim they studied hard and expected they would do better. That's not how it works!
plain.gif

LOL

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
plain.gif

But I pulled an all-nighter!!!!!
cry.gif
frown.gif

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The ******* blizzard has blown snowdrifts higher than the windows in my bedrooms and living room! I am starting to get that closed-in feeling. I cannot see out any of the windows on the south side of my apartment. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
plain.gif

Yeah. I can totally understand that. When I do poorly in something I know it's because i didn't study. It always surprises me when I see people trying to get the prof to give them a higher grade. Were I the prof, i'd ***** slap them for being so stupid and thinking that would work. Then I would take their papers back and mark the grade down for wasting my time. Unless it was a hot chick, and she asked really nicely(meaning felatio), of course.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The forecast last night said it would be around 60F today. So this morning I don my tee and my sweatshirt and head out the door. It is not 60 degrees. The bus was pulling up to my stop so I didn't have time to go grab a jacket. Checked the forecast and the high is now like 45. WTF?
confused.gif

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ******* hate religion. Long rant sorry.

Meet my girl of 4 years at Panera today because she wants to "talk". Basically gives me an ultimatum that I follow her "path of god" or we break up. I just ordered an engagement ring this afternoon before I met with her.

To make matters worse my family is filled with ultra religious people including 3 pastors so I get the "we're all praying for you" bullshit. Religious people are funny because when they pray for something and it happens it's a miracle halelujiah yet when they pray and something bad happens it's an act of god. You can't win, they have an excuse for everything. I try to ask if prayer works then why do millions of people die from disease and starvation a day and the answer is always, it's gods will and there is a higher purpose... Uh huh.

No matter how much I try to explain that I believe in god, but I just don't believe in the bible and that its just a book like a book from every other religion she does't get it. What is wrong with beliving in a creator of the universe and not following the bible? I believe in science and that the bible can be a decent guide on how to live your life but to take the accounts in it as a history book is just crazy. She actually believes that adam and eve were just instantly created on the Earth...

The other think that drives me up the wall is the church. She is in one of those no name churches (which is fine) except shes already been through 2 of them, one of which turned out to be a borderline cult with the followers threatening to revoke her baptism because she drove in a car with me to Georgia... Yeah that has a lot to do with god.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're telling me. I don't know why religious people can't just mind their own rather than making other people conform to what they believe. I have no problem with her beliefs and I've told her that many times, just let me believe what I want to believe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads