• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

reprehensible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by insp86
Gap - elevated low rise skinny (rigid denim rinse) jeans.

The Gap jeans are $88 and with the short inseams I can get the right size without alterations.

I suggest raising your budget, waiting until you can find better jeans on sale, or just sticking with cheaper jeans. $88 for Gap jeans just seems wrong, somehow.

insp86

Reaction score
I don't mind raising my budget if I can get something I know I'll love. I was close to walking out of Barney's with the APC's on reputation alone, but thought (and I think I was right) better of it. With what I'm trying to do, do you have another suggestion? Thanks man, I appreciate the help.
Originally Posted by reprehensible
I suggest raising your budget, waiting until you can find better jeans on sale, or just sticking with cheaper jeans. $88 for Gap jeans just seems wrong, somehow.

2sweet

Reaction score
Gap's attempts to elevate itself from mundane mall brands will never work if they continue to use 50 year old obese American men as their standard for fit.

insp86

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 2sweet
Gap's attempts to elevate itself from mundane mall brands will never work if they continue to use 50 year old obese American men as their standard for fit.

Now that is a helpful comment.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't mind raising my budget if I can get something I know I'll love. I was close to walking out of Barney's with the APC's on reputation alone, but thought (and I think I was right) better of it. With what I'm trying to do, do you have another suggestion? Thanks man, I appreciate the help.

Good man. I can't say I would recommend APC's, especially nowadays.

reprehensible

Reaction score

APCs are fine, but nothing super-special.

I hesitate to give advice on specific jeans, because I don't know what your particular tastes are, and I only have direct experience with how things fit on me. I'm 6'2" and usually wear a 34" waist, which doesn't sound very similar to your proportions.

Crate has a lot of goodwill on the forum right now, for what seem to me like good reasons, and the price is right.

It's probably a good idea, also, for you to give up on knowing that you'll love what you buy. You can't really know that kind of thing ahead of time.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 2sweet

What about using 50-year-old physically fit American men?

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picture1-3.jpg

1. It isn't too formal to rock to high school, is it?
2. Would navy herringbone be tough to pull off with jeans?
3. Could it work with my aesthetic (kinda nerdy-hipster-preppy(?) for those who don't read WAYWT)?

chrispy179

Reaction score
i think it would fit your style well. dont worry about what the kiddies in high school think

Illuminate07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
1. It isn't too formal to rock to high school, is it?
2. Would navy herringbone be tough to pull off with jeans?
3. Could it work with my aesthetic (kinda nerdy-hipster-preppy(?) for those who don't read WAYWT)?

what brand is this cardigan/jacket from?

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
No. No. Yes.

Do it.

I love mine.

Originally Posted by chrispy179
i think it would fit your style well. dont worry about what the kiddies in high school think

Thanks guys; I'm thinking I'll kop. The discount's pretty great.
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
Do you have any opinions of your own wmmk?
Yeah. For instance my opinion of your photoshopping female WAYWT posters is...

Seriously though, I know I ask a lot of questions, but you may notice that most are about fit. I'm very gawky and somewhat oddly proportioned, so I admittedly need all the help I can get in that regard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads