• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your ultimate travel wardrobe

Sterling Gillette

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think everyone here has a few pieces he takes on every travel no matter what the destination may be.
So, let's collect our travel wardrobes a little:

- dark blue sweater blazer
- gray pants
- Levi's 501 in either blue or off-white
- OCBD
- turtleneck sweater

haTTer

Reaction score
Regional Asian Travel
2-3 nights

Black Calvin Klein Jeans (on the plane)
Charcoal Grey two piece suit
Two pairs of lace ups one black oxford cap formal one brogue tan / brown
3 long sleeve 2 French cuffed ***** one blue french one white one black (buttoned)
Two ties one burgundy Trussardi one Boss silver grey no heavy patterns
Black and White Tee shirts Kalvin Klein
Gym gear incl Nike trainers vest and shorts
Creed Vetiver always

Smahatma

Reaction score
I find myself bringing the following universal items on every trip in addition to items appropriate for the specific region/climate

-light grey cashmere v-neck sweater
-white spread collar dress shirt
-blue bengal stripe dress shirt
-one pair of slim raw denim

suede tetbury's are coming soon and will probably be on this list as well

orthofrancis

Reaction score
Hmm
I usually bring a pair of C&J Black Monktons Dressy enough for dinner, cool enough for a club or whatever, pointy enough to kick a street punk asking for change.

Monktons - they have become my adult version of Chuck Taylors.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I usually travel with at least one pair of shell cordovan shoes or boots.

hangthree

Reaction score
black monkstraps
light grey v-neck sweater
dark jeans

&Son

Reaction score
-White French cuff spread collar shirt
-Bengal (or other) stripe button cuff shirt
-SB Charcoal or Navy suit
-Black or Brown captoes
-Running shoes
-Athletic shorts, cotton t-shirt
-Jeans

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I usually travel with at least one pair of shell cordovan shoes or boots.

I use my shell chukkas for this as well. Comfortable enough for walking, durable enough for the abuse. I beat the daylights out them recently and just last night cleaned 'em up. They look good as new. Better, really.

In the cooler months, I tend to lean on cords for travel, along with a sweater for layering. I also like to take one of my softer sportcoats.

orthofrancis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I use my shell chukkas for this as well. Comfortable enough for walking, durable enough for the abuse. I beat the daylights out them recently and just last night cleaned 'em up. They look good as new. Better, really.

In the cooler months, I tend to lean on cords for travel, along with a sweater for layering. I also like to take one of my softer sportcoats.

Ahh - never thought about using shell cordovan that way. I will now experiment.

Thanks for the tip.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on where you're traveling and how you're going to get to your destination. I was on Cunard's QM2 and it required a lot of wardrobe.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For my regular travel (business) I always fly wearing RM Williams Roo skin boots, my trusty LVC's, a dressy shirt, and either a blazer or a shirt jacket.
I always carry on my luggage which contains:
appropriate number of dress shirts
at least 1 suit, if it is a week, 2 suits
2 pair of dress shoes, same color for belt reasons
1 pair dress pants to wear with the blazer I wear on plane
socks, undergarments, toiletries go in ziplock, ties-I rotate a collection of 6 ties every two weeks out of this bag. I always have an extra shirt, this is a blue with white window pane T&A spread collar shirt, only leaves the bag if it gets worn and then washed. There is also some cufflinks just in case. With this I can last 1 week at least. I usually go out in the jeans, RM's, and the blazer/shirt jacket with the dress shirt I wore for the day in meetings.
Pretty simple.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by orthofrancis
Ahh - never thought about using shell cordovan that way. I will now experiment.

Thanks for the tip.

The ease of care and comfort make them a great travel shoe. I don't have to bother with polishing or even bringing along shoe trees. I wipe with a damp cloth before each wear and be on my way. If business dress is involved, then I take my blucher longwings which can be used for both dress and casual. I can, and have, walk miles in them without any distress whatsoever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads