• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
at the Desert Hills outlet I saw this blue/white pinstripe blazer at Dolce & Gabbana store, it was a sick blazer for going out, night out on the town. very slim and perfect with dark jeans. from $900 to $450.
I was told to wait till April when it goes down even more, i think i should get it. i wish i had a photo of it, you all will like it.

obeserabbit

Reaction score
222409791_o.jpg
it's a boys size medium, dunno if it'll fit me, but what do you think about the colors?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Sleeves will be too short, guaranteed. Colors are just meh.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Can't say I do. What is it even supposed to be?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
What's interesting about them? They're slippers pretty much. Do you need house shoes?

As far as **** kickers to go grab some groceries in whatever lounge clothes you have on, you'd probably do better getting the black canvas boat shoes they have on their site. I just don't like the look of those things linked

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^They're not my style and AE gets a lot of hate here, but I'd say if you can pull it off, you can't go wrong trying them for $20. I've seen some durable stuff from AE, and those aren't logo'd to hell.

To the guy w/ the skull/wings/wolf ring.......no. Just.....no.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
obeserabbit, I like it. It's not my favorite variation of red tartan (I prefer the kind without squares behind the checks that has royal blue lines in it. Nevertheless, it looks like a fun F/W piece.

insp86

Reaction score
Gap - elevated low rise skinny (rigid denim rinse) jeans.
gp624548-00p01v01.jpg
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...scid=624548002 I really want to try the selvage jeans thing, but I have to concerns. One, I tried on a pair of APC NS's and I'm not sure I can deal with how tight they fit. I'm out of shape, but improving, and the "right" size (a 33) seemed a little much for my liking. Right now I wear Sevens Slouchy (I know I know) and Paper Denim & Cloth Boot Cut for day-to-day and Lucky Slim Boot for going out. Two, $155 + $20 to get them hemmed seems a little much if I'm not even sure I'm going to like the process/look of selvage. The Gap jeans are $88 and with the short inseams I can get the right size without alterations. (Yea, I'm an uber-noob when it comes to this side of SF) Also, and I guess this should go in the jeans question thread, if I go with Gap, or if you talk me out of it, what size should I get? My dress pants size is about a 35, but I swear that's trending down in the next two months. Thanks a ton!

insp86

Reaction score
I think "elevated" is there best line of denim? Sounded oxy-moronic to me as well, but I get the feeling the fit is a little baggier than a true skinny jean, which might be good for me and my slightly fat ass (for the record, I'm not that out of shape, I'm just a little annoyed with myself at the moment).

Originally Posted by PinkPantser
What is 'elevated low rise'?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads