• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by davo10375
Like all the pieces Fuuma but for some reason the t-shirt line with the coat is making the silhouette almost unbalanced... maybe a slightly longer tee or a button up would help? I'm also thinking the arm being raised with the camera and altering your stance is probably contributing also... Those corthays are beautiful.

The tee covers the belt and thus falls slightly lower; I'm lifting my arms and twisting to fit in my stupid mirror that isn't made for full body shots.

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
Newly DIY slimmed shirt ...

04.jpg

How much practice did you have with sewing machines? I've thought about trying that with a cheap buttondown, but I figure I would just make it look weird.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
The shirt is cool but no way can you wear those pants with it. Actually you can't wear those pants with anything.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
How much practice did you have with sewing machines? I've thought about trying that with a cheap buttondown, but I figure I would just make it look weird.

I had figured out the basics of sewing and had gotten two or three prior shirts 'right', and had altered about 5-7 OCBD shirts total. Many hemmed pants, and probably 10 tee's slimmed in a similar fashion. I've been sewing less than a year, probably. I'm no pro, by any means, but I'm not bad at all. Practice makes perfect.

I've found that for a $100 investment in a sewing machine and a good chunk of your time, you can cheaply produce clothing that looks much more expensive than it really is, and it's made for your body.

I'm going to update the DIY thread in a minute, feel free to check in.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, I actually really like that fit, PP. I'm generally not a fan of tan seersucker, but you pull it off well. I know you haven't had the jacket for long, but if you added some waist suppression and shortened the sleeves to show some cuffs, it'd be perfect. For some reason, those 5EPxSF's look especially good with the jacket (fit-wise, at least), more than they do with just a shirt/sweater. I dunno what it is.

I agree that the shoes could be different, but I can't really think of any particular color that would work better. Maybe white bucks would work?

(sorry if I'm overanalyzing things again...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads