• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Remember

Reaction score
Those look pretty sick, thanks mate.
I suppose though theres some more information I should include. Im not usually comfortable with a slim fit through the thigh area, mine are large (muscle), and Ive only every worn slightly relaxed fits. Im not sure if those jeans are or not, though maybe you know.

And Im still open to suggestions as well, both day and night wear!

Seanallen

Reaction score

darkie_one

Reaction score
Rescues are sick, if you're athletic size down 2 not 3 like a lot of skinny styleforumers may recommend

Remember

Reaction score
Multiple reccomendations....hard to resist now haha

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nonissue
ande whall.
+1 You should buy Ande Whalls instead of APC. for less than $50 more than the APCs the quality kicks the **** out of APCs. andewhall.com. Try the cougar cut. Or if you want something with lots of room in the top block but tapers down, you should check out Naked and Famous Weird Guys.

WhatHeWears

Reaction score
I would do raw denim like everyone else has suggested. Since your athletic I am going to assume you have thicker thighs- therefore avoid a very skinny jean and go more with straight fit. APC jeans are great. I don't know how much you are trying to spend but Acne makes great jeans as well and you could never go wrong with Levi's 501's.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Worst case scenario and they press them what would happen?

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ What do you think happens when you press clothing?
laugh.gif

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my ball sweat from 6 months of wear deep fries my jeans?
laugh.gif
its gonna be stiff for a bit but hopefully after a few days of wear it will return to my stacking and creases?

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coldsnap
my ball sweat from 6 months of wear deep fries my jeans?
laugh.gif

its gonna be stiff for a bit but hopefully after a few days of wear it will return to my stacking and creases?

You lose the six months of work you put into those creases. When they press them its not just ironing. They actually have a large steam press. that stamps them flat.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
darth_vader_nooo1.jpg

well I told the lady I would cry if she pressed them

WhatHeWears

Reaction score
You can never go wrong with Levi's 501's, they're classic and not too expensive either. Acne makes great jeans as well as APC, J. Brand, and Ernest Sewn. I have been happy with both J. Brand and APC jeans. My Dior jeans are my favorite I have worn them so much they have a hole in the crotch that I must patch up.

Additionally, I would not recommend washing raw denim at all. I have written about how to wash denim on What He Wears. Here is the link to that posted about Washing Raw Denim

jbm7777

Reaction score
I have a similar problem to what you have. I have big thighs and finding a cut was a little difficult for me. I have the APC rescues in a 35 when my waist is a 38. That would be sizing down 3 and they stretched out well, while they are a little fitted right now, they are not a skinny fit jean for me, even if I sized down 3.

I also have the AW cougars. Those are now my favorite jean. Make sure you buy them true to size. Ande's sizing is dead on and the cut is very nice, especially for someone who needs a bit of room on the thighs. You can even check out his other cuts if you want even more room like the Miner or the Sailor. Also +1 on the AW's being much better than the APC's. My rescues feel like paper compared to my AW's. The stitching and workmanship on my AW's are AWESOME! They are definitely worth a look. If you are looking for something more in the price range of the APC's also check out Crate. My brother has a pair and the denim is nice. They are comparable to APC's in workmanship and price. But I think the denim is nicer on the crates. GOOD LUCK!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads