• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Then why the teaser? Stroke me all the way to the end or don't get me hard in the first place. ...it's just polite.
+1

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then why the teaser? Stroke me all the way to the end or don't get me hard in the first place.

...it's just polite.

Needed to collect myself for a bit. We've been having some pretty heavy family issues for pretty much my whole life, and now I realize when I turn 18 I'll have to find somewhere to live because they'll probably just throw me out. Lovely.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
Needed to collect myself for a bit. We've been having some pretty heavy family issues for pretty much my whole life, and now I realize when I turn 18 I'll have to find somewhere to live because they'll probably just throw me out. Lovely.

Family issues suck.

Now SField stops being sympathetic:

"now I realize when I turn 18 I'll have to find somewhere to live because they'll probably just throw me out. "

Umm... who the **** wants to live with their parents after the age of 18? Get the **** out and do something with yourself. Nothing can be more pathetic that someone who lives at home after highschool.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Family issues suck.

"now I realize when I turn 18 I'll have to find somewhere to live because they'll probably just throw me out. "

Umm... who the **** wants to live with their parents after the age of 18? Get the **** out and do something with yourself. Nothing can be more pathetic that someone who lives at home after highschool.

This is a good point, I don't WANT to stay here. However my job certainly doesn't pay enough to move out right after high school, I was planning on staying here for 2 years of college and then leaving to save some cash but I don't think that's going to work. Unfortunately Annapolis/DC isn't really an inexpensive area to live in.

I don't own my car so they would take that back, and public transit around Annapolis (where my college is) sucks so I don't know how I would get down there. Of course I could just bag higher education all together.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a good point, I don't WANT to stay here. However my job certainly doesn't pay enough to move out right after high school, I was planning on staying here for 2 years of college and then leaving to save some cash but I don't think that's going to work. Unfortunately Annapolis/DC isn't really an inexpensive area to live in.

How about you go to college and not be a glorified baggage handler at an airport, and give yourself a chance at becoming something a little less pathetic? I don't understand why you cling to such a mundane job. Go learn something.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about you go to college and not be a glorified baggage handler at an airport, and give yourself a chance at becoming something a little less pathetic?

I've corrected you on my job position before; I work in customer service and whether or not you think it is pathetic is irrelevant. I love what I do and I'm going to stick with it. It may also be worth mentioning that the majority of the people I work with do have college degrees, so I plan on going to college as well.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Family issues suck.

I like you more and more every day, SF.

JB - seriously, I left home, or home left me, when I was younger than you. best thing that could've happened to me. you have some skills, you can find your way in the world.

but, seriously, what could possibly be the problem with your folks? they have taken you all over the world, given you a good education, etc?

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
I like you more and more every day, SF.

JB - seriously, I left home, or home left me, when I was younger than you. best thing that could've happened to me. you have some skills, you can find your way in the world.

but, seriously, what could possibly be the problem with your folks? they have taken you all over the world, given you a good education, etc?

Yes, they have done all this, but we have had some deeper issues involving depression and overall things I would prefer to remain in the past. I'm about ready to get out; unfortunately after I leave I don't think I'll be in touch with them again after that.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Fell off my bike on a downhill, banged and cracked my helmet, scratched my face and my have limited movement on my sprained left arm. Good thing the swelling has stopped and I can move it more. Damn idiot in front of me stopped at the bottom of the path, right in the middle.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wish I hadn't finished my haagen-dazs earlier. I really want ice cream.
frown.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm supposed to read book ten of Eusebius' Ecclesiastical History for class tomorrow. I don't feel like skimming it, let alone reading the whole damn thing.
plain.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, they have done all this, but we have had some deeper issues involving depression and overall things I would prefer to remain in the past. I'm about ready to get out; unfortunately after I leave I don't think I'll be in touch with them again after that.

good luck.

no matter how bad, you should keep in touch with your parents, unless they have tried to ******** with you, or left permentant phyisical scars.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
good luck.

no matter how bad, you should keep in touch with your parents, unless they have tried to ******** with you, or left permentant phyisical scars.

Nah they haven't done either, we've never really gotten along and the feeling is mutual.

pokey07

Reaction score
Not being able to find a job is pissing me off/frustrating me to no end.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads