• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

quite the conversation

JFKJean

Reaction score
This just a small part of a conversation I had with friend of mine the other day who as of late has decided to step up the way he dresses. I know him as one of those lads who'll unconsciously drop $3-400 on a pair of Nike dunks but refuses to go over 3 digits for a pair of dress shoes...and I've seen him in multi pleated trousers recently as well...disgusting. I consider myself to be somewhat detailed all around dresser but I just love having talks like these. It bring me sweet joy when someone with very limited knowledge (him) tries to one up someone who has a bit more skill (me).

Air Trafton: I'm superior to u in all categories son...I got the GQ and the Guys magazine...son I got the shoes...pointed rounded and squared...I got the vest too

Me: Squared toes is a no no my friend

Air Trafton: Ha ha now that's the quote of the day... Son you way over ur head... I kill u in my closet game...and square is a no no in certain circumstances...it depends on the cut of the slacks...if u knew detail u would of known that fact

Air Trafton: Son stick with me I will walk u up to Marc Jacobs with a point to prove!

Me: If you say so and I'm telling you this right now, there's NO situations where square toed shoes are ok. Neither are super pointed/or sloped ones like what Aldo offer. Just know you've been warned

Btw: Who still says "slacks"? Very degrating term for trousers

Feel free to enter "useless thread" joke but I just wanted to broadcast other peoples stupidity and it kind of makes me reconsider who I associate myself with......

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sounds like a tool

JFKJean

Reaction score
A tool who hasn't been put in his sartorial place just yet.... I try so hard to be modest and not condescend but someone always pushes you

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JFKJean
This just a small part of a conversation I had with friend of mine the other day who as of late has decided to step up the way he dresses. I know him as one of those lads who'll unconsciously drop $3-400 on a pair of Nike dunks but refuses to go over 3 digits for a pair of dress shoes...and I've seen him in multi pleated trousers recently as well...disgusting. I consider myself to be somewhat detailed all around dresser but I just love having talks like these. It bring me sweet joy when someone with very limited knowledge (him) tries to one up someone who has a bit more skill (me).

Air Trafton: I'm superior to u in all categories son...I got the GQ and the Guys magazine...son I got the shoes...pointed rounded and squared...I got the vest too

Me: Squared toes is a no no my friend

Air Trafton: Ha ha now that's the quote of the day... Son you way over ur head... I kill u in my closet game...and square is a no no in certain circumstances...it depends on the cut of the slacks...if u knew detail u would of known that fact

Air Trafton: Son stick with me I will walk u up to Marc Jacobs with a point to prove!

Me: If you say so and I'm telling you this right now, there's NO situations where square toed shoes are ok. Neither are super pointed/or sloped ones like what Aldo offer. Just know you've been warned

Btw: Who still says "slacks"? Very degrating term for trousers

Feel free to enter "useless thread" joke but I just wanted to broadcast other peoples stupidity and it kind of makes me reconsider who I associate myself with......

A little knowledge is dangerous, but you aren't even close.

Before you try to demonstrate your superior sartorial knowledge to an obvious tool, try to look in the mirror because you'll find another tool staring straight back at you.

JFKJean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
A little knowledge is dangerous, but you aren't even close.

Before you try to demonstrate your superior sartorial knowledge to an obvious tool, try to look in the mirror because you'll find another tool staring straight back at you.

Tool is too juvenile for me, I'm more of a asshole. His problem is that he won't admit that he is a tool

millionaire75

Reaction score
I find this is one of those conversations that is impossible to win. Whenever you argue against square toe shoes and other monstrosities, they just respond with "tons of other people wear them." It's quite frustrating.

JFKJean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by millionaire75
I find this is one of those conversations that is impossible to win. Whenever you argue against square toe shoes and other monstrosities, they just respond with "tons of other people wear them." It's quite frustrating.

I know and that's the 2nd and last time I'll ever have that argument with him either. The whole Marc Jacobs thing means nothing too b/c he had fanny packs what, last season? We all know he's known for doing some outrageous things

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads