• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm getting sick of clothes. I just throw **** on now, and apparently, come out looking like Rihanna (Thanks TheFusilliJerry).

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd whoop yo skinny ass. It'll be like that scene in What's Love Got to do With It when Tina repeatedly stiletto kicks Ike in the limo.
rodarte_christian_louboutin3.jpg

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
I'd whoop yo skinny ass. It'll be like that scene in What's Love Got to do With It when Tina repeatedly stiletto kicks Ike in the limo.
rodarte_christian_louboutin3.jpg

You lost some points for referencing that film.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe
You make sound like he spent the entire night before hemming and hawing over how he was going to masterfully craft the WATYT genius that manifested itself into that photo. I bet he quickly threw on something as he headed about his day. Fine everyday fit for going about your day. Perfection can be boring.

PS... the black sneaks are fine with the grey pullover and black frames.

Originally Posted by chronoaug
Yea. That's the approach normal people take to dressing. Not agonizing over every detail.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. PP is probably my favorite WAYWT poster, and I wasn't suggesting that he overanalyze every aspect of his fit. However, he seems to put a lot of thought and effort (i.e. tailoring his own shirts) into his more formal fits, so although I don't mind the fit itself, I guess I was just a little surprised to see it from Pantser.

Re: the sweatshirt, I didn't mean to suggest that he run out and buy a J. Crew one, I was just making the comment that I prefer it to the M+O version.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
It was more dropping hints for you to take a more relaxed approach to dressing. I don't think PP was offended.

gosurface- why does that woman seem to have diseased wooden legs?

They're knit leggings. Rodarte x Christian Louboutin (The shoes anyway)!

inlove.gif

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This makes more sense posted in the other thread, but I don't want to muddy it, even though it has more conversation than ever.

PP looks fine. Better than fine. The naysayers aren't landing close to constructive. I'm more jealous of this fit than his staple fare because this one is so entirely nonchalant. It looks as if he doesn't even remotely have to try, plus it looks comfortable to wear, plus it's better than than what I can pull off EVERY time I try.

And as a complete 180...

Who cares if it took some dude 20 shots to land a good one. Some of us are pretty bad at our cameras. Learning through trial and error is a *****. Let's all harp on the fact that someone told us something. Something. Not everyone smiles naturally like PG and who wants to look like **** in a photo?

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one said he looked chalant. Or less than fine. They just thought the top was blah. And it is pretty blah. Shoes and pants look good though.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ShyBoy
so what are you on kinseys scale

Rating Description
0 Exclusively heterosexual
1 Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual
2 Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual
3 Equally heterosexual and homosexual; bisexual.
4 Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual
5 Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual
6 Exclusively homosexual

i had you at 5-6

- sorry buddy ZERO, I do have a few gay friends & they have a good laugh at their friends expense when catching up with me whenever I am in SYD which is every 3 months. Actually back this Wed for 10 days

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- sorry buddy ZERO, I do have a few gay friends & they have a good laugh at their friends expense when catching up with me whenever I am in SYD which is every 3 months. Actually back this Wed for 10 days
Don't worry, PG, and just ignore it. Reading his posts, I'm becoming more convinced he's SF's first fully functional ****-troll. I didn't know they really existed; I thought they were mythical, like Unicorns and front-row tickets to Barbara Streisand concerts.

ShyBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Don't worry, PG, and just ignore it. Reading his posts, I'm becoming more convinced he's SF's first fully functional ****-troll. I didn't know they really existed; I thought they were mythical, like Unicorns and front-row tickets to Barbara Streisand concerts.

lol you have to excuse me,this is my first forum...

please excuse my exuberance

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ShyBoy
lol you have to excuse me,this is my first forum...
please excuse my exuberance

Exuberance isn't derailing every thread you are on and badgering other members with all this ****. Just have a discussion and don't try to turn everything around such that you, your sexuality, and your crotch bulge are the center of attention.

Just go with the flow and chill. SF is a very gay-friendly place, you don't have to pull your ACTUP card every time you post.

ShyBoy

Reaction score
point taken...but i blame it on being a spoilt only child..damn my overly loving mother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads