• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Crakaveli

Reaction score
http://www.gravitypope.com/mens-clot...=sale&brand=20
167_0_1_700.jpg

Nuff said

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
BoO white oxfords, dont know which to get, can only afford one (and probably need only one). Its going to be my perfect white shirt...dont know whether to go for a splash of color or just an oxford...
If that's you in the first photo the shirt looks too short at the hip to wear it without an undershirt. I wear BoO shirts and they do not rise that high on me. Not flashing skin at the hip is definitely a requirement for a "perfect white shirt". That shirt fits/looks great otherwise which is a shame. I suggest trying on the long if they have it in stock.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aqhong
^ Looks like a cross between CP Achilles and Stan Smiths.

What the hell are you on? Those are Rod Laver Vintage, another Adidas classic. If anything, it's CP who heavily style their shoes after Adidas iconic models.

Re: copping them, yes. A resounding one.

pruppert

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
2889n69.jpg
or
epf9zt.jpg
BoO white oxfords, dont know which to get, can only afford one (and probably need only one). Its going to be my perfect white shirt...dont know whether to go for a splash of color or just an oxford...

Go for the basic, white on white. The color can come in somewhere else. +1 on looking for a long size, you don't want to be flashing your hips...

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh hey hey guys thats not me! BoO smalls fit perfectly which is why Im debating on which one to get. So far one vote for the contrast stitch and two for regular. Images are from Farnelli and Context respectivly.

I agree with the first poster that I may want a splash of color not to be dull...however it may be hard and awkward to match...

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think the contrast stitching looks like the shirt isn't finished or is a mock-up of some sort, can be good or bad, I'm not a fan of it.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
There's some reason for liking the gilded age shirt, one's not necessarily better than another. Maybe he doesn't like the button down collar. Or he prefers the aspects of the denim (such as the more greenish tinge, or the streakiness of the denim). Actually, that's a nice looking shirt...
I'd be temped to cop, but another chambray isn't on the radar right now.

Crakaveli

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
Why buy that one when you can get an almost identical shirt for about half as much (as their sale price) from Michael J Krell here?

Edit: Thought that was USD, not CAD. Either way, MJK is still $40 cheaper...

i'm not totally interested in buying it but just gauging opinions. i'm not sure mjk shirts will be long enough for me. i can't stand shirts being too short.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pruppert
Go for the basic, white on white. The color can come in somewhere else. +1 on looking for a long size, you don't want to be flashing your hips...

Yea im thinking of the basic white on white more and more. To be honest, the only reason I would want contrast stitch is to "stand out". The White on white is cheaper anyway...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads