• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
There?
crackup[1].gif
Unfortunately you have no idea that jil sander has never designed her own mens line so you=not tight and need to mind your hoodie business.

I'll try to scan the picture I have from her in a magazine pinning on a male model. Jet do you cut out pictures of me and put your face on it?

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All lulz on this page.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Baron's going to start a styleforum mustache fad.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
I wish I could grow one.
frown.gif

Your bear arms and legs make up for it.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Your bear arms and legs make up for it.
Does that make him an otter or a panda cub? I forget these things.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oops, meant to post in actual WAYWT

reprehensible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
E82G0541.jpg

need a haircut, badly
BoO (it's the plum stripe)
APC NC
BoO x Sperry

Something just feels off, and I want to be able nail this kind of fit before I get into more interesting stuff. FWIW, I just got the shirt, and am interested in what you guys think of the fit. I feel like it's slim, but not too tight. I shouldn't have sized down to an XS, should I have?

Constructive criticism always appreciated.

The shape of the bottom of the shirt bugs me. Above and below that, it looks like it fits well.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I can grow one, but it doesn't look good.

Wait. Gosurface has really hairy arms/legs? My arms not that much, but can i start a hairy legs club?

I don't, but I am pretty cuddly. Watch out kiddies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I'll try to scan the picture I have from her in a magazine pinning on a male model.

Keep talking out of your gaping cock holster trend hopper.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biscotti
WMmk - Your fit does seem a bit odd; your upper half looks very boxy.
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
his sleeves look too short
Originally Posted by Teger
the shirt is too short period.
Originally Posted by JayJay
I have to agree that the shirt looks too short.
Originally Posted by reprehensible
The shape of the bottom of the shirt bugs me. Above and below that, it looks like it fits well.
Hmmm. A BoO medium probably would be too big in the chest/waist, and they don't make tall sizes anymore. Is the BoO shirt even worth keeping? If not, is my best option just to buy casual shirts that are meant to be tucked, and then have them darted and hemmed (but not as short as BoO)?

Originally Posted by chronoaug
WMMK- Skinny jeans aren't always the answer.
I know the APC's aren't the greatest for what I'm going for, but I don't really have money for any other pants right now. When I do have more cash on hand, I'll still be at a bit of a loss from something that works with the trad look but also doesn't made me look like a brah. A lot of people associate sperrys/khakis/OCBD fits with frat boys, and that isn't really what I'm going for. I don't know if I have the steeze to rock tweed trousers to high school...

Or is denim ok, as long as it's an NS/501-esque cut?

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't despair. There are plenty of other slim OTR shirts that are cut longer than BoO. The Shipley & Halmos small I have is as slim (or slimmer) than my small BoO, but longer in the arms and body. There are many other brands that would probably fit you just fine. BoO just doesn't seem to be for you.

If all else fails, you can always go MTM.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WMMK - find a tailor who can make shirts for you; they will probably set you back $90 - $120 a piece, but often times there is a minimum order.

I met with a tailor today who is going to make two shirts for me: one gingham and one candy stripe. I will soon have two shirts that fit me just as good if not better than BoO and the total price is going to about the price of one BoO.

This is just a suggestion, but it would definitely be worth your while to check out some of your local tailors.

Deluks917

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
Hmmm. A BoO medium probably would be too big in the chest/waist, and they don't make tall sizes anymore. Is the BoO shirt even worth keeping? If not, is my best option just to buy casual shirts that are meant to be tucked, and then have them darted and hemmed (but not as short as BoO)?

I know the APC's aren't the greatest for what I'm going for, but I don't really have money for any other pants right now. When I do have more cash on hand, I'll still be at a bit of a loss from something that works with the trad look but also doesn't made me look like a brah. A lot of people associate sperrys/khakis/OCBD fits with frat boys, and that isn't really what I'm going for. I don't know if I have the steeze to rock tweed trousers to high school...

Unless I'm missing something the length of the BOO shirt looks fine. As long as your wearing an undershirt I don't see the problem. Also I'm quite sure you won't look like a frat boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads