• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander
I'd like to order a pair of SEXSC06 and have Self Edge chain stich them. I know it says that they shrink up to 3 inches, but is that after a first initial soak or after a soak and then a wash down the road? Trying to get the inseam right. I'd like it to be around a 32.5~33.5

Have them hemmed to 36" and when you get them they'll shrink to about 33" after a hot soak.
They'll shrink once more about, but only another .5".

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crooow
Speaking from experience of purchasing and having several jeans hemmed by Self Edge, just go ahead and place your order. On one of the last screens will be a "Comments" box; in there, tell them exactly what you just stated here; i.e., "I would like my jeans to be chain stitch hemmed so that after all soaking and shrinkage, the final inseam length will be between 32.5 - 33.5 inches." They will confirm it for you and take care of it.

Make sure to choose your length via the chainstitching option after you add the jean to your shopping cart, then you can add in the notes whatever you want, but you have to choose the chainstitching option from our online store before checking out.

choptreesv

Reaction score
Kiya - in terms of fit and finish, do you like the SEXSC06 or skull 5010 ? or rather, how do they differ? I'm looking for a slim straight jean next. Thanks!

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by choptreesv
Kiya - in terms of fit and finish, do you like the SEXSC06 or skull 5010 ? or rather, how do they differ? I'm looking for a slim straight jean next. Thanks!

They're both slim straight jeans, but the SEXSC06 is a tad bit of a more modern fit and looks great on ALL body types where as the 5010 for some people can be an odd fit even though it does look good on most. If you want a guaranteed good fit regardless get the SEXSC06.

gabby11303

Reaction score
I'm actually thinking about a slim straight also. Either the SEXSC06 or RJB BSP106 slim. I 'd need the sugar cane in a 34 and RJB in a 36. the RJB in a 34 will just be way too slim in the thigh after shrinking. Are these jeans similar in cut? Anybody have both and prefer one over the other?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gabby11303
I'm actually thinking about a slim straight also. Either the SEXSC06 or RJB BSP106 slim. I 'd need the sugar cane in a 34 and RJB in a 36. the RJB in a 34 will just be way too slim in the thigh after shrinking. Are these jeans similar in cut? Anybody have both and prefer one over the other?

No way, the RJB won't be too slim after shrinking.
They SEXSC06 and 106BSP aren't too far off in the thigh, maybe by only a hair difference.
Go with the RJB, the denim will surprise you. It's quite unreal how they age, and once people start seeing worn in photos of these the interest will skyrocket.

gabby11303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
No way, the RJB won't be too slim after shrinking.
They SEXSC06 and 106BSP aren't too far off in the thigh, maybe by only a hair difference.
Go with the RJB, the denim will surprise you. It's quite unreal how they age, and once people start seeing worn in photos of these the interest will skyrocket.

Are you saying the RJB in a 34 won't be too slim? I know that the seXsc06 34 shrinks to about a 12.25 in the thigh which is close to as small as I can go. The RJB size 34 says it starts out as a 12.2 and shrinks .8 which brings it down to 11.5. That's going to be extremely tight on me unless I'm wrong with this.

One of these will be my summer time project when I can get the sizing down.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are you saying the RJB in a 34 won't be too slim? I know that the seXsc06 34 shrinks to about a 12.25 in the thigh which is close to as small as I can go. The RJB size 34 says it starts out as a 12.2 and shrinks .8 which brings it down to 11.5. That's going to be extremely tight on me unless I'm wrong with this.

One of these will be my summer time project when I can get the sizing down.

Go with the RJB, it's a fit that's not found on many jeans made at the moment.
I think the 34 would be good for you, they'll stretch a little bit too after some wear.
If you want a bit more room just go for the size 36 and do a hot soak and dry.

gabby11303

Reaction score
Go with the RJB, it's a fit that's not found on many jeans made at the moment.
I think the 34 would be good for you, they'll stretch a little bit too after some wear.
If you want a bit more room just go for the size 36 and do a hot soak and dry.

sorry to be a dead horse, but I'd like to get the sizing and fit right before ordering. I have the Flat Head 4001BK right now and they're too tight in the upper crotch/across the front area. The waist is ok and the thigh is a little tight, but I could do it. Down to the leg opening is great. I was looking for something with an upper block that is a tad roomier. I know the Sugar Cane in a 34 would be good cause I've tried those on before. Wasn't sure about the RJB's in a 34 because of the measurements on the site. If they are a tad roomier than the 4001bk, then that would be good.

What is different about the RJB than the other slim jeans out there?

Thanks

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
sorry to be a dead horse, but I'd like to get the sizing and fit right before ordering. I have the Flat Head 4001BK right now and they're too tight in the upper crotch/across the front area. The waist is ok and the thigh is a little tight, but I could do it. Down to the leg opening is great. I was looking for something with an upper block that is a tad roomier. I know the Sugar Cane in a 34 would be good cause I've tried those on before. Wasn't sure about the RJB's in a 34 because of the measurements on the site. If they are a tad roomier than the 4001bk, then that would be good.

What is different about the RJB than the other slim jeans out there?

Thanks

If you're worried about crotch room get the SEXSC06, the RJB might be too slim for you in the upper block.

gabby11303

Reaction score
If you're worried about crotch room get the SEXSC06, the RJB might be too slim for you in the upper block.

I don't know if I'd say crotch room, but the area above the crotch across the front pocket area is what is tight on the 4001. I may size up to a 36 on the RJB.

kubrick555

Reaction score
One million questions. Just order the jeans and if they don't fit, exchange.

gabby11303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kubrick555
One million questions. Just order the jeans and if they don't fit, exchange.

True. i live on the other side of the country though and just thought it'd be easier to ask a few questions and get it right the first time instead of wasting money on shipping back and forth. Not only that, I want to get SE to chainstitch them and they don't take returns on them if they don't fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads