• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hermes - Complaint + boycott

ville_e

Reaction score
I recently received a tie from Hermes as a Christmas present. I didn't like it so I took it to one of their stores in the original box, with the tags still on the tie etc. and they DID NOT exchange it for another one.

I was shocked. I later e-mailed Hermes complaining about my treatment and I have not to this day received a reply back from them. This was already one month ago. I am shocked that a luxury goods company such as Hermes would act so unprofessionally.

If someone has their corporate e-mail, could you kindly post it. I am from now on boycotting Hermes. Their products are anyway way overpriced for what they are and the service etc. does not match the prices.

Never again!

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you have a receipt? If you didn't, I don't blame them.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, that's nice, now I'm boycotting you.

ville_e

Reaction score
Luxury goods companies (because of the price of the goods and the service level required) should change the tie even without a receipt if it is unused and you can see that it's bought from their store. Naturally, I don't have a receipt as it was a Christmas present. It was clearly purchased from Hermes with their own security tags(barcodes etc.), box etc. I am shocked by their customer service. I was also equally shocked that I haven't received any reply from them after e-mailing them twice now about the issue. If anyone has their corporate e-mail I'd appreciate it, thanks!
smile.gif

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Given the huge amount of fake luxury items in circulation I can imagine a no receipt - no return policy is pretty much standard issue among types of houses such as Hermes?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ville_e
Luxury goods companies (because of the price of the goods and the service level required) should change the tie even without a receipt if it is unused and you can see that it's bought from their store. Naturally, I don't have a receipt as it was a Christmas present.

It was clearly purchased from Hermes with their own security tags(barcodes etc.), box etc. I am shocked by their customer service.

I was also equally shocked that I haven't received any reply from them after e-mailing them twice now about the issue.

If anyone has their corporate e-mail I'd appreciate it, thanks!
smile.gif

So...who are you emailing then?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenStyle
Given the huge amount of fake luxury items in circulation I can imagine a no receipt - no return policy is pretty much standard issue among types of houses such as Hermes?

+1

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ville_e
Luxury goods companies (because of the price of the goods and the service level required) should change the tie even without a receipt if it is unused and you can see that it's bought from their store. Naturally, I don't have a receipt as it was a Christmas present.

Gift receipt. I give them with gifts...

I do kind of agree with you regarding the luxury brand but they're under no obligation. It would just be good CS.

ville_e

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenStyle
The tie had their own security tag on it... with their barcode. Good service is always expected from luxury goods companies. In order to charge such ludicrous prices then the products and the CS should live up to these prices and to their reputation. These kinds of incidents only damage their rep and their credibility as a serious luxury goods retailer.

ville_e

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
So...who are you emailing then?
I e-mailed to an address I found on their website. It was to the U.S. customer service but I never received any response back from them only an automated message which said "we value your feedback etc. etc." That is also really poor Customer service. I'd really appreciate it if someone knows their corporate e-mail and can post it here, thanks!! I'm furious. I also received a tie from Zegna and returned it in exchange for another tie at the Zegna store without a receipt. That was good customer service, they noted the tie was unused and had their official tags etc.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hermes is under no obligation to deal with a small-timer like yourself.

No receipt = no return.

Hermes could not care less if you boycott the place anyway. By the way, what have you purchased there in the past? Probably too cheap to afford anything there anyway.

ville_e

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Hermes is under no obligation to deal with a small-timer like yourself. No receipt = no return. Hermes could not care less if you boycott the place anyway. By the way, what have you purchased there in the past? Probably too cheap to afford anything there anyway.
please post constructive comments or nothing at all, thanks! I found your post to be extremely rude. You do not know me or my purchasing habits so it does not warrant you to write such offensive comments. This is about CS... anyone who has worked with luxury goods or gone to business school knows that.

Leather man

Reaction score
You're all being too hard on Ville_e.

HIs complaint is perfectly reasonable and I think you all know it. His main "beef" is that he has had no response from Hermes and was dealt with poorly in the store.

It may well be true that no receipt = no exchange but Hermes would be the first company I've heard of that is that much of a pain **********! I could understand it if he wanted a cash refund however.

All companies should deal with customers graciously and remember they do not have a right to our money and business.

My advice is to go back to the store and ask them who you can write to in order to complain.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leather man
You're all being too hard on Ville_e.

HIs complaint is perfectly reasonable and I think you all know it. His main "beef" is that he has had no response from Hermes and was dealt with poorly in the store.

It may well be true that no receipt = no exchange but Hermes would be the first company I've heard of that is that much of a pain **********! I could understand it if he wanted a cash refund however.

All companies should deal with customers graciously and remember they do not have a right to our money and business.

My advice is to go back to the store and ask them who you can write to in order to complain.

I don't know of any stores where you can go and exchange something without a receipt so I don't think Hermes is to blame.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads