• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KMW — believe the hype

minimalist

Reaction score
Cross post from another thread
wink.gif
: Anyone here got any experience with the KMW2010s? As far as I can judge from the pics on Revolve they are bootcut, is that right? Can anyone tell me where exactly on my body I should measure my waist and how I should size them?

I would greatly appreciate any help
smile.gif

Originally Posted by uhurit
There's a link on their website somewhere that will get you 30 off...some exclusions apply from time to time

Okayyyy... gotta search again
wink.gif

Originally Posted by zissou
^I am holdng out for when I am ready to pick up a pair of these
smile.gif

Hmmm... I think I like those: http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...Timberland&d=h ... But its hard to tell for sure since they look a bit funny in the side view, would need to see them worn to judge them...
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Arethusa
KMW is explicitly excluded from Revolve discounts. This is nothing new.

frown.gif
Is that so?
butbut.gif
Thats too bad
cry.gif
Where is that stated on the page or elsewhere?

Originally Posted by APK
I've read and heard enough good things about their denim to consider them in my inevitable inaugural first purchase of high-quality dry jeans. Their 1980 model looks like it'd be suit my wants (straight, but not baggy legs without any taper). Anyone want to give a quick rundown on the different variations of the 1980?

I am still trying to figure out whether I do like the 1980s or the 2010s better... Nice avatar by the way
wink.gif

blake

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
the 2010 is a relaxed straight leg, the 1980 a slim straight leg. Not as straight as people are explaining though. I think of the 1980 as a very normal straight leg.

minimalist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blake
the 2010 is a relaxed straight leg, the 1980 a slim straight leg. Not as straight as people are explaining though. I think of the 1980 as a very normal straight leg.

Okay, thanks for making that clear to me
smile.gif
Then I guess the 1980s are more for me since I do not dig "baggy"... How do the 1950s fit in there? Somewhere in between?

EdenResident

Reaction score
While we're on the topic, I have a pair of brand new KMW 1980s (Made in Japan) in 28x34 for sale if anyone's interested. I'll probably put it up in B&S soon, too. Just been too lazy to take pictures.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
KMW is a brand where photos don't do justice to explain the pricetag.

I put it up with Nice Collective in the sense that the pieces are so good and so well-made that the cost of one jacket is the same as having to buy three similar ones down the road because they didn't hold up the way that one piece would have. It's not disposable fashion, rather, they're staple pieces meant to hang in your closet for years to come.

I agree, I got my rockers on deep discount and I wish I could pick up a pair of 1980's. The chambray is awesome as well. But were I to buy the pieces they'd be my only purchases of the year. I don't consider their stuff overpriced, just out of my means at this point.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minimalist
smile.gif
Then I guess the 1980s are more for me since I do not dig "baggy"... How do the 1950s fit in there? Somewhere in between?

2010's are baggy, 1980's are staright, and 1950's are more of a regular fit, like 501's.

zakurie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
Seriously, don't make me second guess myself on that belt.

I bought that same exact belt (sans the KWM logo, and the cut at the end of the leather) from Momotaro in Tokyo last year. I spent a fraction of what the KMW is going for....nevertheless, it is a quality belt and the buckle is unique and heavy!

minimalist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spencer
2010's are baggy, 1980's are staright, and 1950's are more of a regular fit, like 501's.

Thank you
smile.gif

Is anyone able to help me with the sizing on KMWs? I understand they do not really stretch? How should I measure and what should I keep in mind to find out which size I need in waist?
smile.gif
Do they shrink length-wise?

blake

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
smile.gif

the 1950 is not in between the 1980 and 2010. It is the same top block as the 2010 but tapers at the bottom slightly. It is not that drastically different from the 2010.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
the 1950 is a classic straight leg. the 1980 is low rise slim straight. IIRC though, the 2010 is slight lower rise than the 1950.

Detour Clothing Store

Reaction score
We would definitely recommend sizing down 1 (in KMW) to accommodate for normal dry raw denim stretching. Not sure on the vertical shrinkage, haven't washed mine yet, and haven't heard any feedback from customers. Let us know if you want any measurments.

minimalist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Detour Clothing Store
We would definitely recommend sizing down 1 (in KMW) to accommodate for normal dry raw denim stretching. Not sure on the vertical shrinkage, haven't washed mine yet, and haven't heard any feedback from customers. Let us know if you want any measurments.

Well, when I measure my waist about 3 fingers wide below my navel I seem to have a 35" waist... which cannot really be true, since I do wear a 30" waist in most of my jeans, eg. Levi's 506 Straight Standard... what am I doing wrong? Or is that correct?? What size should I buy in KMWs?

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, when I measure my waist about 3 fingers wide below my navel I seem to have a 35" waist... which cannot really be true, since I do wear a 30" waist in most of my jeans, eg. Levi's 506 Straight Standard... what am I doing wrong? Or is that correct?? What size should I buy in KMWs?

Measure jeans that fit you properly (with a similar rise to the jeans you want). Imo it is a very bad idea to buy jeans based on your body measurements.

Detour Clothing Store

Reaction score
You're the same size as my brother and he picked up a pair of 29's.
He normally wears 30's (FYI, this sizing applies to the raws only)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads