• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

San Francisco "Meetup" March 12, Borrelli Boutique

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
San Francisco Meet up -Borrelli Boutique - Thursday, March 12

Binge has taken the lead in setting up several enjoyable San Francisco meetups, so I thought we would give him a well deserved break and put together a Style Forum member event for March that had a little different format. So, lets try something new OK?

Thursday March 12 at the Borrelli Boutique in San Francisco.

Horace Mack, the store manager will host a Style Forum reception from 6:30 - 8:30pm for Style Forum members. The event will include;

"¢ Appetizers and refreshments
"¢ A chance to mingle with your fellow Style Forum members in a nice quite setting
"¢Horace will have the new Borrelli Spring 2009 line on display
"¢An opportunity to discuss Italian tailoring with Horace and view the Borrelli fabric books

There is absolutely no obligation to buy anything. Just come and enjoy yourself. It is an ideal opportunity to have refreshment and meet Style Forum members while talking about clothes as well as other popular SF topics in one of San Francisco's unique boutiques.

If you are not familiar with Borrelli, it includes a mix of tailored and casual Italian apparel. Much of their spring 2009 "look book" shows denim mixed with classic Borrelli pieces.

Come on out and meet your fellow SF members. It should be a fun event. And, if there is interest, we can go off for a bite and continue our conversations afterwards at Maxfield's in The Palace Hotel.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Foof will definitely not be flying in for this one.....

edit* should read 'My guess is that...'

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazing!

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Horace is a great guy, but I always feel major pangs of guilt NOT buying from him. He always brings out these beautiful jackets, has me try them on, then says in that elegant voice of his, "This one is only $3800".
plain.gif
Ebay/ShoptheFinest/VCH/B&S has conditioned me to the point, where I'm accustomed to getting a jacket for approximately the price of one or two borrelli ties. I can only guess at my guilt level if I show up, eat food and sample the merchandise - then buy nothing. So of course I'm in.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man, you SF people have all the fun.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many pairs of guilt-socks will be sold?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek

Thanks to our host extraordinaire, Binge for setting up the previous events we have had some very enjoyable "meetups". I've also received two pm's from members who have never attended our SF events so it will be fun to have some new people joining in the fun.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Will it be cape weather?

Why am I not in the least bit surprised that you might own and wear a cape to this event. Plus, you will actually look good in it.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will it be cape weather?

Its always a treat to see what coolness LK brings to these meetups. This time, since its a borrelli event, I'll probably wear the brand, perhaps with the new forum trend of white denim.

emptym

Reaction score
Thanks Gus! I'll be there, and hope to see new people too.
Originally Posted by bmulford
...I can only guess at my guilt level if I show up, eat food and sample the merchandise - then buy nothing. So of course I'm in.
I won't be buying anything either, unless stuff is 80% off or so. So we can be guilt bros together. I've had lots of practice dealing w/ guilt, and you know why.
Will it be cape weather?
What weather is not cape weather? Depending on the fabric, couldn't one keep you sheltered from the cold, wind, rain, sun, heat? Furthermore, is protection from the weather the real reason to wear a cape?
Originally Posted by bmulford
Its always a treat to see what coolness LK brings to these meetups. This time, since its a borrelli event, I'll probably wear the brand, perhaps with the new forum trend of white denim.
I almost bought a Borelli shirt at a thrift store the other day. Sleeves were just a bit short. Probably something of Matt's that Pejsek had passed up.
Originally Posted by dusty
How many pairs of guilt-socks will be sold?
Oh shoot. They sell socks? My guilt resistance may not be that airtight.
Man, you SF people make all the fun.
Fixed.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym

Fixed.

Oh snap!

And yes, I'll be there for sure. I really dig the stuff they have in their boutique and Horace is one cool mofo.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym

I won't be buying anything either, unless stuff is 80% off or so. So we can be guilt bros together. I've had lots of practice dealing w/ guilt, and you know why.

Oh shoot. They sell socks? My guilt resistance may not be that airtight.

well that didn't take long
wink.gif

I figured I'm in for a tie so long as its on sale. $3800 sport coat; no dice. Although it makes me want buy that 42r Sorrento that was on B&S for $530 last week.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a navy linen and cotton suit in Borrelli San Francisco last year for about $1,600 so not everything is $3K+.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads