• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What kind of cars do you guys have?

Cavalier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jerome
I have owned a VW polo, a golf and an aston martin db7 all for a few month each...I utterly hate automobiles btw...(and I'm glad that I'm living in Europe where one can afford to do that and still live stylishly nontheless- the rest of the world is as always deep Province, esp.recently one can see how cars are just the tip of the cretinous consumerist iceberg.) cars are_
deadhorse-a.gif
deadhorse-a.gif
deadhorse-a.gif
deadhorse-a.gif
deadhorse-a.gif
deadhorse-a.gif
musicboohoo[1].gif
No I would go even further and declare a good and fair punishment for everyone who owns a car- maybe 20 x w.a stick should be ok...and then a hefty fine of gold/life cattle (sorry Im already talking in post apocalypse vocabulary which most of you do not have the intelligence to comprehend)...youre all still caught up in illusionary idiocies...anyway soon you will be caught up in another sort of illusionary idiocy which you wont approve of as much as in this one.
teacha.gif
[yeah Maya is tricky you ******* ignoramuses]

I think I know what you're talking about. I own a handful of cars that are currently being stored, and don't see the road. I don't drive, and I don't see any reason to. After years of driving recklessly, insurance is just too much to afford-- and I hate going to the suburbs anyways!! Huge suburban sprawls and a lifestyle that requires every person to be driving their auto is crazy----

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2003 Camry on the every day, a 1973 Ford Bronco when the going gets tough, and I have my current project car in the garage waiting for it's head to be redone:
2306168419_62e508e6f1.jpg

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by connor
2003 Camry on the every day, a 1973 Ford Bronco when the going gets tough, and I have my current project car in the garage waiting for it's head to be redone:

2306168419_62e508e6f1.jpg

Is that a Datsun 240Z?

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, part of it. it is a 1974 260z, but it does have the L24 out of a 240z in it for some reason. the PO didn't speak much english, for $350 i didn't really care. turns out better that way, they detuned the L26 for emissions.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by connor
well, part of it. it is a 1974 260z, but it does have the L24 out of a 240z in it for some reason. the PO didn't speak much english, for $350 i didn't really care. turns out better that way, they detuned the L26 for emissions.
Nice car. I'm not a fan of the wheels though.

Mblova

Reaction score
1996 Ford Windstar and in the summer time a 1999 C280.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
'03 Kia Optima for me.

'03 Mercury Mountaineer for my wife or when driving the family.

Not sexy, but we paid cash for both so no car payments.

Rush

Reaction score
Good looking cars here guys. I used to have a 1994 Supra Turbo until I sold it towards the end of '08.
31876422_FEptK-L-1.jpg
Now I drive a white '04 Navigator, but no pictures of that.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
x2

**** I wish they kept the supra around. So ******* sexy.

lost in va

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheez80
hahaha, i get that a lot, especially from experienced car guys. regular people just ask me if it's broken, and everybody asks me if it's safe.

it's not =P

but here's a photo:
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v290/130/28/6028305/n6028305_37852307_4412.jpg[/IMG]

that was taken when the car was about half an inch higher than it is right now, with about half a degree less camber in the rear than it is now. for clarification, the fronts are only doing about -4*.

the japanese call this style of tuning "vip", pronounced like "hip", not "vee-eye-pee". essentially, it's taking an expensive japanese luxury sedan and tuning it. you'll see different influences, like from yankee style cars, sporty/drift style cars, old school yakuza cars, european vw/audis, etc, but almost all vip cars share a few traits: 1. super low, 2. crazy wheel fitment, whether flush or tucked. most of the japanese vip tuners run coilovers, so most guys actually do drive that low (as do i).

here are some more (better) examples (and as you can see, my car is nowhere near the weirdness/badassness/craziness of these cars yet):

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3283/3124138401_4b853a58f7.jpg[/IMG]
G]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/VIPq45/12-14-08 event/18.jpg[/IMG]
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/VIPq45/S-Cup 12-7-08/21.jpg[/IMG]
]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/VIPq45/S-Cup 12-7-08/22.jpg[/IMG]

wow, i can't believe i'm talking about vip-tuning on styleforum, and sorry for the long-winded explanation!

haha, here is a few good friends of mine:

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

media1a.jpg

equiped7.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads