• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levis 501 new fit

bob99

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of these on Saturday - they're the indigo XX shrink to fit, the new style, with a Made in Mexico tag on them.

I bought them true to size (33x34) and I've decided against shrinking them at all. I'm just going to wear them and see how they fade over the next few months.

moosy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bob99
I just bought a pair of these on Saturday - they're the indigo XX shrink to fit, the new style, with a Made in Mexico tag on them.

I bought them true to size (33x34) and I've decided against shrinking them at all. I'm just going to wear them and see how they fade over the next few months.

You do realize that you will create fades and the day you do wash them (and this day will come) they will all move as the denim will shrink.

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
Actually, I lied. Those are black prewashed 501's, not the STF.
devil.gif

I didn't really like the color of the black STF's as much, I wanted more of a flat black. The black STF's are pretty grainy.

the black STF's aren't overdyed?

skunkworks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yerfdog
the black STF's aren't overdyed?

They have a white weft, so no, they are def. not overdyed.

mtgguy777

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bob99

If you're worried about them shrinking to much, just sit in them while you soak. I bought true to size also and soaked them normally and now they fit great. If you don't soak them in the beginning, your first wash is gonna mess up all of your fades.

FocusKey

Reaction score
How much do the STF shrink in length? Do I need to purchase a size bigger or is it already taken into account?

blackdarkeye

Reaction score
^ 3 inches, and yes you have to buy a bigger size. for example if you are a sz 31 get a labled 34

Wheeler

Reaction score
I'm not sure about my true size - it's probably between 31-32. I got my 514 tumbled rigids in 30 and they stretched to a perfect fit. My 514 cords I got in a 31 and they're still a bit tight. What should I go for in 501XX?

blackdarkeye

Reaction score
its better to always go on the lower side with these jeans because they stretch so much, i would get a 31.

itsjustadrian

Reaction score
just bought a pair of stf's and jumped into the bathtub with them for an hour for a hot soak. they did a really good job redefining this fit.

Trevell

Reaction score
Here are my fit pics for the new cut 501's after wearing them raw for a week and then one warm bath tub soak.
IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

They're 31-32. I probably could have squeezed down to a 30 for a slimmer fit, as these do tend to stretch out a bit in the waist. I'm a little worried about the length, as I normally wear a 30/31 inseam, but so far they've only lost at the most maybe an inch. The day after I took these pics, my '47 selvage 501's arrived, so these have been hanging in my closet since. The '47's are the perfect fit by the way.

sayocean

Reaction score
^ Great fit buddy. Was an awesome day out so I decided to snap some shots of my contest pairs. 52 days of wear since Jan 1. Color representation is pretty accurate.
3334343396_8eab10e1c5.jpg
3333506903_ebff9fbca8.jpg
3333507159_19bd2be2b9.jpg

nonissue

Reaction score
those are looking really good ocean.

synovoid

Reaction score
what's the difference between the denim used for LVC 47 and 501 STF?
and also, is the denim of 501 STF the same as regualr 501?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads