• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

dclloyd

Reaction score
Ok so here's my review - and yes with pics! I ordered the plain Navy Suit, cost was $309 USD including a free shirt, shipping and customs charges.

ABOUT ME
I've owned Zegna mainline, Canali (including Exclusive), Corneliani all the way down to Boss and M. Valentino from the Wizard of Aahs. I consider myself a pragmatist - I'm not expecting Zegna quality at $300. If it helps I'm 5'9" and about 155 lbs. My standard suit is a 38R.

SPEED AND SERVICE
Outstanding. Ordered on 02/12 acknowledged immediately. Apparently cut and sent to the tailor on 02/18. Shipped on 02/25 and delivered on 02/26. A total of 14 days from order to delivery - not bad! It's going to have to be remade (see below) and they volunteered to do so within a few hours of me sending in alterations estimate. They don't expect me to send back the original suit until I receive the new one.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
Pretty good. Material is a reasonable weave, nice hand. It's not the super delicate feel, I think it should hold up well. Stitching seems straight. Not a lot of the 'little extras' such as change pocket on the pants, pen pocket in the jacket, functional lapel buttonhole etc. Pick stitching a little over the top.

THE FIT
This is one slim fitting suit! Unfortunately a little too much so, will take some alterations. In particular they didn't accommodate my funky square shoulders (and I did emphasize when ordering, including a photo). The alterations are going to be more than $75 so they are going to remake the suit. I thought you might find it useful to see the measurements I entered and what I measure the corresponding suit at;

Bicep: Submitted 12.5", I measure 14" (7x2)
Wrist: Submitted 7.5", I measure 11" (5.5x2)
Chest: Submitted 38", I measure 39" (pit seam across, 19.5x2)
Shoulder: Submitted 18", I measure 18"
Stomach: Submitted 33", I measure 33"
Hips: Submitted 37", I measure 38"
Length: Submitted 30", I measure 29" (however they measure the front length, when I say 29 I measuring the back - overall the length is ok)
Pant waist: Submitted 33", I measure 33" (16.5x2)

So as you can see maybe not the typical margin you might expect. Shoulder is ok, the rest of the body of the jacket, as well as the waist/hips on the pants, is just too tight. On the remake I'm thinking of Chest +1, Stomach +1, Hips +0.75, Pant waist +0.75, Pant hips +1. I'd welcome feedback on that based on the photos.

ADDITIONAL
I ordered the sleeves unhemmed, expecting to be standard unfinished. Not the case at all, they were really unhemmed, with a questionable amount of fabric to turn up. I would not recommend this option! The jacket does feel canvassed as their site claims.

The shirt that arrived is ok at best. It was free, I wouldn't pay the $90 that the site normally charges as they have minimal customization options.

I also ordered some fabric swatches (free when you order a suit) and am impressed.

THE PICTURES
So here they are. Taking photos of a REALLY dark navy suit is hard! Keep in mind the pants and sleeve arms are unhemmed, so the length of both can't really be judged.

Front Full, Buttoned
P1010344.jpg

Front Full, Unbuttoned
P1010345.jpg

Side shot, buttoned
P1010346.jpg

Back shot, buttoned
P1010351.jpg

Back shot, unbuttoned
P1010350.jpg

Shoulders
P1010352.jpg

The pants, front
P1010343.jpg

The pants, back
P1010342.jpg

CONCLUSION
Obviously I'm going to have to wait for the remade suit to say for sure! If they're able to adjust the measurements so the fit is better I'd consider ordering from them again.

nathan

Reaction score
Nice review!

I thought about ordering from these guys, but the suits on their website look extremely slim-fitting which I'm not sure would work well at my office.

dclloyd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nathan
Nice review!

I thought about ordering from these guys, but the suits on their website look extremely slim-fitting which I'm not sure would work well at my office.

They're certainly slim fitting, but I don't think it would be inappropriate in most office environments. It's a little extreme in the pictures I posted mostly because that's not 'slim' that's 'tight' ...
biggrin.gif
Hopefully when I send them my adjustments it'll be better.

dclloyd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by laxnate
Thanks for the review! The measurements you sent them were taken from your body, not another suit, right? Are there options to choose what sort of fit you want or are these just their standard margins?

There are some options, but not general fit. I took all the measurements off the body with a 'two finger' margin for most. I actually followed their videos/suggestions for measurements. Even on a slim fit suit I'd expect a little more breathing room, so if you're going to order I'd just round up ...

nathan

Reaction score
Just wondering, when it came to measuring the pants, did you chose the 'traditional' or 'relaxed' fit?

Thanks.

dclloyd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nathan
Just wondering, when it came to measuring the pants, did you chose the 'traditional' or 'relaxed' fit?

Thanks.

I chose the traditional as I typically prefer a slimmer pant. In retrospect I perhaps should have gone relaxed.

They got back to me this morning, very friendly and helpful, they've started the remake process. Once I get version 2.0 I'll post photos!

linsook

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dclloyd
I chose the traditional as I typically prefer a slimmer pant. In retrospect I perhaps should have gone relaxed.

They got back to me this morning, very friendly and helpful, they've started the remake process. Once I get version 2.0 I'll post photos!

any news?

dclloyd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by linsook
any news?

Yup: I received the remade suit this week. Unfortunately the fit was still not correct - they added too much across the hips in the jacket which threw the overall balance out. The remade pants were dead-on though.

After contacting them I decided that I'd send both suits back to them for a refund. I think I just have to admit that my shoulder/back shape is not one that lends itself to an online MTM suit. If I had the body shape where a regular RTW wear suit fit me off the rack in the shoulders and I just had issues with drop etc I'd probably have been quite happy with the results. As it is I always have to have RTW suits altered in this area.

They were VERY accommodating, I have to say that their customer service is top-notch. Unbelievable turn-around time, and really strong customer service. Plus very little risk with their guarantee I'd probably have to say they'd be worth a shot by many.

nathan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dclloyd
Yup: I received the remade suit this week. Unfortunately the fit was still not correct - they added too much across the hips in the jacket which threw the overall balance out. The remade pants were dead-on though.

After contacting them I decided that I'd send both suits back to them for a refund. I think I just have to admit that my shoulder/back shape is not one that lends itself to an online MTM suit. If I had the body shape where a regular RTW wear suit fit me off the rack in the shoulders and I just had issues with drop etc I'd probably have been quite happy with the results. As it is I always have to have RTW suits altered in this area.

They were VERY accommodating, I have to say that their customer service is top-notch. Unbelievable turn-around time, and really strong customer service. Plus very little risk with their guarantee I'd probably have to say they'd be worth a shot by many.

Thanks for all of your updates, dclloyd.

I think I'm going to pass on indochino and perhaps try TaT instead.

linsook

Reaction score
well i ordered before dclloyd wrote his update which would have probably made me stop from purchasing however i am a bit glad i did order. took 7 days from ordering to receiving (im in toronto, canada), very impressive. i ordered the navy blue pin stripe three piece suit. i pretty much echo what dclloyd about quality and construction however my outcome differs from his. my suit turned out very well.
img3142g.jpg
img3153v.jpg
img3154.jpg
img3146.jpg
img3151.jpg
don't mind the wrinkles... fresh out of the package. came with a wooden hanger and a nifty travel bag. i like my suits a bit slimmer so for my future purchase, which i will make (soon infact), i will take an inch off the waist and chest, and probably 0.5" off shoulders to get rid of that bulge we see. i have 4 suits from TaT and another coming, this is my first from indochino, wont be my last.

linsook

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
Not too bad linsook. It seems you had a much better experience in the fit department than others.

yup, im very pleased with the outcome.

jjoohhnn3

Reaction score
hey linsook, how does the quality compare to that of the TaT suit? I was think about getting a TaT super 130s suit in medium-dark gray or dark navy.

linsook

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jjoohhnn3
hey linsook, how does the quality compare to that of the TaT suit? I was think about getting a TaT super 130s suit in medium-dark gray or dark navy.

In my opinion the TaT suits are a slight above in quality and offers more customizing options than indochino. With indochino you are restricted to their design and fabric choices. Functional cuffs, cuffing of the pants, choice of lining, lapel type size, fabric choices and style of jacket are not options that you can choose with indochino. but with that said, indochino offers an incredible product for the price especially if you use their coupon code 'free20' which is 20% off. my total came up to 300 USD (379.00 reg) shipped. hard to look past at that price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 38.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 29 18.5%

Forum statistics

Threads