• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Saks Consolidation Sale / Troy, MI / Incotex, Isaia, Zegna, Oxxford, etc.

kaczmar2

Reaction score
For anyone in the SE Michigan area...

I was at The Somerset Collection South today, where Saks has been running a men's dept. consolidaton sale. Recently they have received a lot of stuff from New York, including brands that their men's dept. normally does not carry. While browing, I saw:

Incotex pants (made in Italy line)
Oxxford suits
Isaia suits/sport coats

This Saks normally only carries Zegna, Z Zegna, Boss, and Armani.

There were also some good deals on mainline Zegna and Z Zegna suits. Everything else was 50%-70% off original prices.

I walked into the mall to pick up a dutch oven, and walked out with 1 blazer, one pair of Incotex pants and an Oxxford suit. What the hell.

The sales associates told me it was ending tomorrow and they were packing everything up, but they've already extended this sale twice before. The labels I saw on the racks today were new though.

jsherman02

Reaction score
Cleveland (Beachwood) had the ghetto version of that sale....I have never seen so many Ike Behar sportcoats in my life...they actually had Churchs Spectators in a 13 wide...the horror.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mind posting prices on the pants and suits?

kaczmar2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
Mind posting prices on the pants and suits?

From my memory, so these are approx:

Z Zegna suit - just under $300
Zegna sport coat - $400 - this was mainline Zegna
The Incoxtex pants were around $140 (I bought a pair) orig. $550 (there were a few of these in 30,31,32)
Oxxford suits were 75+% off - I picked up one orig. $4100 marked down to $950.
D&G suits, between $4-600
A few Isaia spoartcoats, $700 down from $1350.

Most of this stuff looked like it was 50% off 50% off (ie, a suit would have orig price of $2000, marked to $1000 on the rack, and you get 50% off that.

Get there tomorrow if you can, I think they will be packing it up then.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They had A LOT of mainline HF suits that are about $650. Not cheap, but ok if you find something you like. Many made of Loro Piana fabric. I even saw some with flat front pants and side vents, which isn't too common on HF. Also have some in solid blue and solid grey.

Some Oxxford pants, three or four RLPL car coats marked down from $2K to $500, lots of RLPL knits that were still almost $200, .....

And if you like Barker Black, they have two really really nice pairs.

One in a 10 in a cognac croc with laces that are slanted to the outside of the foot - don't know what the model is called - that were $1,250 from $5K.

One pair in 12 that are a black wingtip - set up kind of like a spectator with the toe/wing, the heel and the throat in black croc and the rest in black calf. Super sharp. i'd have considered it if they were an 11 and the economy wasn't in the dumper. $750 from $3K. Sounds like they were a special order that didn't get picked up.

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kaczmar2
From my memory, so these are approx:

Z Zegna suit - just under $300
Zegna sport coat - $400 - this was mainline Zegna
The Incoxtex pants were around $140 (I bought a pair) orig. $550 (there were a few of these in 30,31,32)
Oxxford suits were 75+% off - I picked up one orig. $4100 marked down to $950.
D&G suits, between $4-600
A few Isaia spoartcoats, $700 down from $1350.

Most of this stuff looked like it was 50% off 50% off (ie, a suit would have orig price of $2000, marked to $1000 on the rack, and you get 50% off that.

Get there tomorrow if you can, I think they will be packing it up then.

Could have gotten those Incotex pants on the B&S here for much cheaper.

meauounji

Reaction score
I'll have to check out my local Saks... though they never have anything good there, it seems like so I'm not holding out much hope.

kaczmar2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by btinl
Could have gotten those Incotex pants on the B&S here for much cheaper.

I've been looking over the past few weeks, but usually by the time I hit the B/S forums nothing was available in the size color I wanted. I can usually only check the boards in the morning or in the evening; I thought the price I paid was fair. Ideal? Maybe not
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads