• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Herd: What are College Girls Doing Now?

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
The new thing: changing your name on Facebook to just your first and middle.

AMY MARIE

Why is this cool?
confused.gif

It's cooler than next week's trend: full confirmation name.

Stop e-stalking college girls!

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Since I canceled my Facebook, you might as well post pictures of this Amy Marie girl.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK, I think FIVE of my friends have done this recently. Srsly, why.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What I've gathered from this thread is that Connemara is coping with not getting laid by attempting to denigrate the women he is surrounded by ("Oh yeah! You won't ******** with me? I'll collectively insult you on an internet message board! The day is mine!")

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
What I've gathered from this thread is that Connemara is coping with not getting laid by attempting to denigrate the women he is surrounded by ("Oh yeah! You won't ******** with me? I'll collectively insult you on an internet message board! The day is mine!")
Victorious-Pict.jpe

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread was pretty amusing, and Connemara has a point about the girls, even if its mainly fueled by rejections.
The problem isn't just a US one, send some of them here to the UK and they would fit in. We have the same, although we have a little more social stratification based on your highschool (private, pretending it was private, etc.) all completly gahstly, but the Uggs and leggings are in with all of them.

Also we seem to be recieving exported hipsters wholesale, we used to get a variety of different americans, some really great people, but now just hipsters by the ton. They come here for a taste of life outside the US, and spend the whole time just hanging out with each other. I don't suppose any of you want some of them back?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by youngscientist
Also we seem to be recieving exported hipsters wholesale, we used to get a variety of different americans, some really great people, but now just hipsters by the ton. They come here for a taste of life outside the US, and spend the whole time just hanging out with each other. I don't suppose any of you want some of them back?

+1

Last time I was in London it was a f*cking sea of hipsters everywhere I went, including Canary Wharf area!
uhoh.gif

You can keep them, please.

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new thing: changing your name on Facebook to just your first and middle.

AMY MARIE

Why is this cool?
confused.gif

To make it harder for people like you to stalk them?
smile.gif

singhstyle

Reaction score
I meet a group of these types of girls no matter where I am in the City or Jersey. Do these girls have the same fashion in other cities and states? Theyre like ******* robots. Jeeze.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by singhstyle
I meet a group of these types of girls no matter where I am in the City or Jersey. Do these girls have the same fashion in other cities and states? Theyre like ******* robots. Jeeze.

The reason you meet these types no matter where you are is they are everywhere, well damn near.
For your pleasure, a hypothetical conversation

Girl 1: OMG, I drank so much last night, I feel sooo gross
Girl 2: I know, we should totally not eat anything today except (insert stupid "superfood" goji berries/cranberries/the placental matter of the sperm whale)
Girl 2: Oh yeah, that's a totally good idea, I want to be healthy for tonight's "tequila slammer and drunkenly getting of with someone I spend the next week bitching about regretting" themed party.

Yeah, if you drink loads and then only eat/drink some super food you probably won't get fat, but eating one "superfood" does not cancel all the booze out, you will still look like ****. Has anyone else noticed this? get up close to a lot of the skinnier ones and the skin just looks, uch, and very puffy.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Most of the "skinnier" girls also have beer bellies hidden under all of those flowy tops.

makushin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by youngscientist

Yeah, if you drink loads and then only eat/drink some super food you probably won't get fat, but eating one "superfood" does not cancel all the booze out, you will still look like ****.

I notice this and it annoys the f out of me. My ex was like that. Eat all kinds of junk food and boos, then want me to buy organic food at the grocery. It's all the damn marketing out there, it has ruined the average Americans brain.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
CODE RED, I REPEAT WE ARE AT CODE RED. The following herd behavior has reached critical mass. Mindless sorority chicks across the country are tagging each other (and everyone else) in these "cute" little pics:
2541_510141391813_141201618_30626957_5565057_n.jpg
Without fail, each of these is followed by three hundred billion comments along the lines of "OMG TRACY I DO NOT GOSSIP!!! LOL!!!!"

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CODE RED, I REPEAT WE ARE AT CODE RED.

The following herd behavior has reached critical mass.

Mindless sorority chicks across the country are tagging each other (and everyone else) in these "cute" little pics:

Without fail, each of these is followed by three hundred billion comments along the lines of "OMG TRACY I DO NOT GOSSIP!!! LOL!!!!"

I was originally "The Ladies Man" but I got changed to "The One That's Always Hungry."
It was a pretty devastating demotion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads