• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge x Dry Bones x Superfuture = SEXDBXS09 ** The Superfuture Jean

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by father's room
I figure don't need to hotsoak, then right?

With a jean that shrinks this much it's entirely up to you. Keep in mind the length and waist both shrink, so if you want to bring down the length or waist, then you can do a soak.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look like these will ever be available in black denim.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
Great, thanks. I didn't completely get it the first time I read it

The model has a 29" waist.
He is wearing a size 29 which has a 31" waist. It is "like" he sized up two.

I'm guessing the jeans ride on the notch at the hip then? Not at his true waist... he's at a 31" hip measurement.

That's not what I got out of his statement. And yeah, the jeans are a fairly low rise so they would not be sitting at your real waist.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barack came through on my refund! Will be copping tomorrow!!

rolling green

Reaction score
whoever is planning on purchasing care to share their measurements and what size they plan to get?

true waist is 30"
Skull 5010xx 6x6 size 30 fit perfect
APC NS size 28 fit stretched out too much

plan on purchasing size 29"

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry if this was asked but does the dry bones styleforum discount apply to these jeans?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking no would be a safe bet.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a size 34 in the SExSC jeans that just came out. What size should I get in these? Based on the measurements I was thinking 32 or 33?

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
That's not what I got out of his statement. And yeah, the jeans are a fairly low rise so they would not be sitting at your real waist.

It comes down to this - does the model (Sidney) have a measured waist of 27" or 29"?

I'm reading 29" from the statement about wearing a Size 27 to obtain a snug fit. A Size 27 has a 29" waist. If his waist was 27" then no Size would be able to provide a snug fit.

sidney

Reaction score
Wait, did someone here just call me fat?!?!?!
frown.gif

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
It comes down to this - does the model (Sidney) have a measured waist of 27" or 29"? I'm reading 29" from the statement about wearing a Size 27 to obtain a snug fit. A Size 27 has a 29" waist. If his waist was 27" then no Size would be able to provide a snug fit.
Except the jeans have a rise of 9 inches and won't be sitting on his waist. Low rise jeans typically measure larger than the tagged waist because of where they sit...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads