• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My attention span sucks

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Between interwebz, mobile phones, living in a big city, etc, etc, etc... my concentration / focus has gone to ****. Everything is about multitasking this or something else that. I'd love to be able to focus better.

Any advice? Stuff like pills are as welcome as tough fixes like giving up SF (cough, pills)

K

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
White noise. If you have something you need to concentrate on, crank up noisy music (I recommend the Stooges and/or Jesus and Mary Chain).

I have all the hallmarks of adult ADHD, and the only times I can concentrate are when I'm distracted by noise or when I'm driving. It's horrible - I'll have fantastic ideas for projects while I'm driving and have no way to copy them down except for a voice recorder when I remember one.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ I dont think I'm total ADD, so maybe going on a long term prescription thing is a bit of overkill. What about some kind of over the counter / herbal malarky?

K

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you VKK. I have a friend who's on Concerta and I tried some for a couple of days at work. Wow was I focused.

I need to talk to my doctor....lol wut?

mikemas22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
^^^ I dont think I'm total ADD, so maybe going on a long term prescription thing is a bit of overkill. What about some kind of over the counter / herbal malarky?

K

Hmmm, I'd get ritalin anyway. It's virtually the same thing as concerta only concerta is higher dose, slow and gradual release, hence it works like 16 hrs.

Ritalin is a smaller dose but immediate release, hence its effects are shorter and it can be taken as needed - hence you needn't take it daily - only when you have problems focusing.

You see, I have a typical adult ADHD and was on concerta (but prefer ritalin) and I take it only when I really cannot control my attention span.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The internet is such a good place to seek recommendations for psychiatric drugs. ;p

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a scrip for Concerta. I don't really need it on a regular basis, and I'm not totally sold on ADHD. However, it does wonders for keeping you alert and focused, and when I start grad school it will come in handy. I don't really require it at work at this moment.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Between interwebz, mobile phones, living in a big city, etc, etc, etc... my concentration / focus has gone to ****. Everything is about multitasking this or something else that. I'd love to be able to focus better.

Any advice? Stuff like pills are as welcome as tough fixes like giving up SF (cough, pills)

K

ZEIaJAwjra_2002894349033766821_rs.jpg

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
the internet has my attention span.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strattera did it for me. It doesnt hype you up like Rittelin does.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
ZEIaJAwjra_2002894349033766821_rs.jpg

I know. I cant even be bothered to read this thread

K

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads