• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You religious people weird me out sometimes.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
It irked me a great deal.. I edited my original response.. I mean, its one thing to f*ck around with each other with sarcasm and humor, but I think telling somebody that they are not of the faith they were raised in simply because they don't take every aspect of that faith literally is a little offensive to say the least..
Technically, he has a point, though he is wrong in his conclusion. I guess that I'll go address it in that thread. I've been getting a lot of PMs from members saying that who have been offended by something I'd consider fairly innocuous. On one hand, I have no tolerance for racist, mysogynistic, and other truly disgusting statements. On the other hand, some of you guys have got to get slightly thicker skin. Fok. Edited - hated the phrasing in the original post. Please see below for unedited version.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Technically, he has a point, though he is wrong in his conclusion. I guess that I'll go address it in that thread. I've been getting a lot of PMs from members saying that they are offended by something fairly innocuous. On one hand, I have no tolerance for racist, mysogynistic, and other truly disgusting statements. On the other hand, some of you guys have got to get slightly thicker skin.

Fok.

I don't think we should discriminate on the basis of skin thickness on this forum.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Technically, he has a point, though he is wrong in his conclusion. I guess that I'll go address it in that thread. I've been getting a lot of PMs from members saying that who have been offended by something I'd consider fairly innocuous. On one hand, I have no tolerance for racist, mysogynistic, and other truly disgusting statements. On the other hand, some of you guys have got to get slightly thicker skin.

Fok.

Edited - hated the phrasing in the original post. Please see below for unedited version.

Fair enough, but I don't offend very easily, and did not send a PM.. I can go back and respond as I wanted to originally I guess..
plain.gif

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
You religious people weird me out sometimes.

You are forgetting, I cannot be religious as I do not ascribe to 100% of the dogma of the church I was raised in..
laugh.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
How come pee got banned, and all of his posts were deleted?

hey

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
What happened to *Pee, the guy who was talking **** all morning in the Body area? Did he get banned? B/c that was fun while it lasted.

Originally Posted by Eason
hey

hay

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
There was probably a good reason for it.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
I don't think we should discriminate on the basis of skin thickness on this forum.

I guess I'm guilty of being a little thin-skinned. I reported a post where a member said he liked to masturbate to a particularly brutal **** scene in a movie, and had a history of similar posts about ****.

I'm 100% for free speech but that, especially to a female forum member, is about as progressive as saying "we like to have picnics under lynching trees" or something equally as disgusting.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
I guess I'm guilty of being a little thin-skinned. I reported a post where a member said he liked to masturbate to a particularly brutal **** scene in a movie, and had a history of similar posts about ****.

I'm 100% for free speech but that, especially to a female forum member, is about as progressive as saying "we like to have picnics under lynching trees" or something equally as disgusting.

My comment was facetious. I think I would share your reaction, and in fact have felt similarly at quite a number of creepy posts and those who appear to welcome them. Frankly, I'm surprised any real women (as opposed to creepy men pretending to be their fantasy women) can actually read this forum.

Lady Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
My comment was facetious. I think I would share your reaction, and in fact have felt similarly at quite a number of creepy posts and those who appear to welcome them. Frankly, I'm surprised any real women (as opposed to creepy men pretending to be their fantasy women) can actually read this forum.

It's not too bad, I stick to DT's though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads