• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Nice stuff.

They make AMAZING pieces and are far better quality than Oliver Peoples, which has really gone down hill since they sold. Bear in mind I love Oliver Peoples, I own 4 pair, however everything that Oliver Peoples was 3-5 years ago is what these guys are now. They are pricier than Oliver Peoples and somewhat harder to find, but in my opinion it makes more exclusive. Slim chance you’ll see 100 other guys wearing the same pair as you.

I have the Voyeur with the Horn tips and Neptune Polarized lenses.

chiral

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spencer
Barton Perreira

Two former Oliver Peoples execs. Great styles, lenses, quality, etc. I'm surprised they haven't caught on more here.

http://www.bartonperreira.com/

I was actually just looking at a pair of frames from them today. Really beautiful in person, great construction and very tasteful detailing. No visible branding or gross logos, like 90% of frames these days.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barton Perreira Two former Oliver Peoples execs. Great styles, lenses, quality, etc. I'm surprised they haven't caught on more here. http://www.bartonperreira.com/
I saw some of this brand the other day. A lot of it was very gaudy or more precisely overly large in that douchey way, mainly the women's styles. However they had some fantastic takes on men's aviators. Just slight variations in shape and scale that were really really nice. EDIT: "Earhart" was the model that stuck in my head, but at $440 I can live without them. A search of barton perreira also brings up more hits for Entourage then actual retailers or legit links so I am sure you are paying $100+ just for that tie in right there. I guess it worked for Oliver Peoples and Burn Notice though so why not....

fudgebutt

Reaction score
thumbs up on mosley tribes... tried on 'enforcers' in toronto and have been clamoring for them ever since. $235, yikes!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
My new eyes from Paul Smith

r9sr-psop-509-ox-24122.jpg

8bpc

Reaction score
Any suggestions on where to kop Mosley Tribes Enforcer for a nice price?

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look awesome Get Smart. I love browlines.

iDoc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArliHawk`
I just ordered some Salt Optics shades. Does anyone have experience with this brand?

+1 Salt Optics. Designer is another ex Oliver Peoples guy.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chiral
I was actually just looking at a pair of frames from them today. Really beautiful in person, great construction and very tasteful detailing. No visible branding or gross logos, like 90% of frames these days.

Agree.

All the Mosely Tribe and Oliver Peoples apologists must recognize that the founders of Barton Perrira are two former OP exec’s who left because they didn’t like the direction the company was going in. The guys at BP specifically are going for an understated not too “blingy” or flashy look. Sure some of their styles are a bit different and might not be for everyone, but TRUST me when I saw that they are made with as good if not far better detail, craftsmanship, and care than Oliver Peoples and Mosley tribes.

fudgebutt

Reaction score
Agree.

All the Mosely Tribe and Oliver Peoples apologists must recognize that the founders of Barton Perrira are two former OP exec's who left because they didn't like the direction the company was going in. The guys at BP specifically are going for an understated not too "blingy" or flashy look. Sure some of their styles are a bit different and might not be for everyone, but TRUST me when I saw that they are made with as good if not far better detail, craftsmanship, and care than Oliver Peoples and Mosley tribes.

Chill out, hombre

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 8bpc
Any suggestions on where to kop Mosley Tribes Enforcer for a nice price?

Gilt Group has had Mosley Tribes for a good price in the past. Not sure if the Enforcer was included in their sale, though.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fudgebutt
Chill out, hombre

Thanks man. I was two seconds away from going ape **** ballistic. Your post really set me staright. Thank god for level headed people like you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads