• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

please read IF you enjoy discounts

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am not sure if it's the internet that makes people stupid or if people are just that ******* stupid!
As of today EG will not allow any discounts on the product until sale time which they will dictate.
The reason, just like APC, is because SF members are buying items for one store then returning them and saying " I would like to return this I found it on style forum were I can get a discount.
Why the **** would you do that???
Why would you shop at one store and return it to buy at another. That's why a lot of the brands we like on styleforum don't want a web presence.
I, myself and the other affliates like helping you guys out. Now how about using some common sense while shopping.
In a perfect world I would like everyone on SF to shop with me as well as all of the other affliates but soon it won't matter because all the perks you receive will be gone and you can only blame yourself.
For the good apples in the bunch I am sorry for the rant I am just watching your back, but for the other **** tards who can't hold on to a good thing you are killing everyone.
THINK FIRST try it you might be on to something!
Best,
mauro

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but people are buying products from you at a discount, and then they are trying to return it to another retailer for original price? That is so ******* marsupialed.

I love you Mauro, and I could never disrespect your discounts in such a way

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its pretty common practice. I haven't done it though I have thought about it but decided it wasn't worth the hassle of returning.

And why the **** would we do that? Because people can save an average of 40 bucks using the SF discounts.

-edit

Wait I think I misunderstood you. Are you condeming people that buy things from online retailers and then return them because they found a better deal? Or are you saying what Biscotti is impying?

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow
that is really ridiculous
two brands down... more to go

i try to buy from affiliates only!

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biscotti
Correct me if I'm wrong, but people are buying products from you at a discount, and then they are trying to return it to another retailer for original price? That is so ******* marsupialed.

I think he means people are buying stuff from other EG stockists, then finding out they can get it through Mauro cheaper, and so returning it to the original stockist, hence pissing off stockists and EG.

frown.gif

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
another confusion

WHAT Kind of store accepts product from ANOTHER STORE as a return?

Very weird, very very weird. I mean I could see if you buy something at one jcrew, and return it at another, that is still technically the same store

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
I think he means people are buying stuff from other EG stockists, then finding out they can get it through Mauro cheaper, and so returning it to the original stockist, hence pissing off stockists and EG.

frown.gif

Yes, I misread the first time around.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I read it as buying at one store, then seeing it from Mauro and ordering, then returning the initial item.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How are they going to dictate the sales?

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
And why the **** would we do that? Because people can save an average of 40 bucks using the SF discounts.
Is that $40 after the cost of shipping it back to the shop, having to wait for it to get to you, by which time you should have already received your next paycheck or received your next check from your parent(s) so the $40 wouldn't have mattered, and just made yourself an ass?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

No, what he's saying is that people are buying EG from one vendor, returning it, and THEN TELLING THAT VENDOR, "Thanks but no thanks, Mauro's giving me a discount. Kindly go *************." If you want to support a vendor over another, fine, but don't be stupid about bragging about discounts TO THAT VENDOR. Guess what, BRANDS DON'T LIKE THAT **** and neither do the vendors who aren't getting your business.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no no that would be the other retailers fault for accepting them and that would be marsupialed.
what is happening is people are going into for example.....
hejfina and buying a pair of pants for 200.00 then going online finding that tobi has them for 180.00 reurning them back to hejfina and telling hejfina " I am a sf member i want to return these so i can buy them at tobi because they give a better SF discount.
After a series of complants to EG from several stores they dropped the hammer. I don't blame them. If people would just shut the **** up and enjoy what they have it would be one thing but noooooooo

My question why would you do that???

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
albert is correct. Sorry if I confused anyone.

Robin- They will let us know when sales break so that everyone will have the chance to go on sale at the same time when it's time for sale which ( as you know) typically is 2 times a year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads