• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
When will people learn that annoying the owner of this forum is the fastest way to not being allowed to post here?

Some people you are really not allowed to be a smartass too. Like policemen, judges, Zeus, a Great White Shark, and J.

The number one rule here is do not piss off or annoy J. Learn it. This is not a democracy. The rules may not be fair, but they are clear. Follow the rule and you can stay. Break it, and go somewhere else.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
What happened to *Pee, the guy who was talking **** all morning in the Body area? Did he get banned? B/c that was fun while it lasted.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
To RJ it means something, to me it means something else. It's one of those stories I tell and then at the end of it, people say "that's it?". I hate those stories.

ok, but I vote that before you change, you have to tell the story.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can they squirrel the "Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics" thread??

BTW,

In before the lock!!!

K

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Can they squirrel the "Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics" thread??

BTW,

In before the lock!!!

K

There was a very interesting article I read years ago about transparent moderation and it is the exact opposite of this. The theory was that all moderation just happened and there was no explanation because in the long run it creates more conflict than it is worth.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Silverback
There was a very interesting article I read years ago about transparent moderation and it is the exact opposite of this. The theory was that all moderation just happened and there was no explanation because in the long run it creates more conflict than it is worth.

I think what's about to happen is going to be very transparent.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IBL
(In light of my belief that this thread will not be locked, I should rephrase this as "In before banning")

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know why J would ban me. All I did was report the post. He brought the topic up here. I never brought it up anywhere nor did I expect anything to happen. But if someone brings up a topic in a public forum they should expect it to be discussed.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Silverback

What is so non-transparent? You are acting like a petulant child and annoying the person who's space you are in. When invited over to someone else's house, do you make it a point to annoy your host and make smartass remarks all night until you are asked to leave? If the situation was any more transparent, you wouldn't be able to read these opaque letters.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8.jpg

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I mean, really. You are trying to pick a fight with the owner, you have moderators telling you to chill out... what more do you want?

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Don't do this. Your spirit name is your source of power. If you change it, you will be someone and something else. Something lesser.

+1. We can't lose the Haganah!

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
Will you sit shiva?
The first time my wife heard that term, she asked why the room had to be kept so cold.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
And... banned. Been a long time coming imo, but hey - who am I to judge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads