• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me...?
10942-729797-p.jpg
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
I would like a new pair of loafers...
Brown suede.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Everything about those screams no.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shore, Id go for the brown suede AEs, or the burgundy ish ones.

I found a pair of AE penny loafers in a mid brown on sale, for around 150 $... worth it? A bit more than I usually spend.

nonissue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
img55748365.jpg

The sweater...?

damn i'd love that in a solid, but that pattern is 1970's whackness.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe
Shore what are the grey suede loafers?

Originally Posted by sipang
they look like opening ceremony

Correct--they're on sale at thecorner.com for $150, which made me look twice (def wouldn't pay retail). But I thought about it, and gray shoes are just too hard to wear. I think they'd work only with denim, and I need something more versatile.

Originally Posted by SuperBobo
Shore, Id go for the brown suede AEs, or the burgundy ish ones.

I found a pair of AE penny loafers in a mid brown on sale, for around 150 $... worth it? A bit more than I usually spend.

Depends--$150 is a fine price for AEs, even thought their loafers are cheaper than their $300 laceups. grapevinehill has a bunch right now for $150 or less... dunno if they'll ship to you. I don't love AE leathers, and would prefer Aldens (the last pair is Alden), but the AEs are much easier to find at a reasonable price. Those suedes look good, but I'm being picky and the white stitching is kind of bad.

I may just wait for something really good on the B+S forum. Anyone have an american-made pair of penny loafers in 11D?
smile.gif

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Anyone know what colour these are in? I like it a lot better than others I've seen. It might just be the fact they're in actual light, are they just the dark brown ones?
The color is black. You can actually put lace on them. Yes, the serial number actually comes off after many many wears. Here is a pic from refinery29. brown cp with the lace put on.
3309895926_0cd68e0296.jpg

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of this BoO white shirt, can get for pretty cheap, made of seersucker material. However I was really just looking for an white oxford button down..similar? cop?

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not bad for $95. but i dont know about seersucker shirts. I guess i like oxford shirt more. so a no for me. save your money and get what you truly want.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads