• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calvin Klein slim ties?

runner-guy

Reaction score
I've been noticing some Calvin Klein slim ties in stores recently. What do you all think about the look of these ties? I'm about 5'8" and 160 lbs. so I don't think they'd look too weird on me. Just want to get some opinions. Thanks!

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by runner-guy
I've been noticing some Calvin Klein slim ties in stores recently. What do you all think about the look of these ties? I'm about 5'8" and 160 lbs. so I don't think they'd look too weird on me. Just want to get some opinions. Thanks!

Ive seen these in many department store and personally the quality is junk. They are 2.5in width. They look very cheap.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I have 3-4 that I've picked up over time, and I've found them to be decent quality (for what I paid) and the 2.5" is ideal for my body type. People will probably slam them here since they're not made by hand by old ladies in Napoli, but I've gotten used to priss fest here. I do NOT, however, think they're worth $50, I've found all of mine at places like Burlington Coat Factory or TJ Maxx for $15-20 each.

Azure

Reaction score
I have seen some of the here and silk was top notch, I guess the maker is the same as the Dolce Y gabanna. as they looked same but 60 euros instead of 120.

Perhaps are not the cheapo ones as the other guy says... As it were top notch!

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
also, the particular line of Calvin Klein can make a huge difference. Calvin Klein vs. Calvin Klein Collection is like night and day.

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
also, the particular line of Calvin Klein can make a huge difference. Calvin Klein vs. Calvin Klein Collection is like night and day.

Im referring to Non collection

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i've got i think 4 of these i think. 3 actually look very good but one is way too thin and looks relatively cheap now. still, they look twice as expensive as what i paid, and they have a bit of the thin simple mad men aesthetic, so i can't complain about them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads