• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tez Mulan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eccentric
The Turnout has a rounded toe, while the Craftsman has a chisel toe. Both look very nice, IMO, although I (so far) only own a pair of Turnouts.

Ah yes.., that's why I went for McQuarie instead of Craftsman. So wouldnt McQuarrie be competing with Turnout?

I really should read this thread

sharpcelery

Reaction score
Is some slip in the back of the craftsmans permissible? I had to move a half size up at the NYC store because my toes were very close to the end of the shoe. Of course, now the heel slips a bit when I walk.

bolle

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a question concerning the leather on my new craftsman boots. I ordered yearling leather and thats what is written on the box they came in. But on the inside of my shoes it reads: "9 1/2 FCF". 9.5 F is denoting the size I suppose and CF should stand for "calf". Now I am wondering if I got Calfskin boots instead of the yearling ones.

Thanks

Eagle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bolle
Hi everyone,
I have a question concerning the leather on my new craftsman boots. I ordered yearling leather and thats what is written on the box they came in. But on the inside of my shoes it reads: "9 1/2 FCF". 9.5 F is denoting the size I suppose and CF should stand for "calf". Now I am wondering if I got Calfskin boots instead of the yearling ones.

Thanks

Not sure if it will solve your mystery but, I too have a pair of RM Williams Craftsman boots in yearling. Looking at the interior of the boots, mine are imprinted with a CF as well.

bolle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
CF is for chisel toe and flat heel

Thanks for the information!

I have annother question concerning the fit of the craftsman boots. I have a very low instep and even in the F-width the instep does not fit my feet. Does anyone have the same problems and could probably propose a solution for that?

Thanks!

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Insoles?

I've been wearing hard plastic insoles recently, and today I slipped them into my Craftsmen. I found they snugged up the instep perfectly.

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Insoles?

I've been wearing hard plastic insoles recently, and today I slipped them into my Craftsmen. I found they snugged up the instep perfectly.

I agree. I have the Craftsman in 10F. The fit was a bit loose. I put in cushioned insoles in and it was a bit snug. I replaced the cushioned insoles with "heel pads" and the fit couldn't be more perfect.

Inf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grayland
Let's hope not, huh?

Yeah. I didn't know if he was joking or not...

So excited, I have a new pair of kangaroo craftsman in chestnut in the mail! Second pair already, It's a slippery slope I guess. I can see why so many of you have big collections

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Inf
Yeah. I didn't know if he was joking or not...

So excited, I have a new pair of kangaroo craftsman in chestnut in the mail! Second pair already, It's a slippery slope I guess. I can see why so many of you have big collections

They are awesome boots. I have yearling in chestnut and black and am considering suede. The price is great at this time, too.

sharpcelery

Reaction score
Also, what happened to the nungar trading company? I've tried getting in touch with them by phone and email but nothing seems to work.

Tidybeard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tez Mulan
Ah yes.., that's why I went for McQuarie instead of Craftsman. So wouldnt McQuarrie be competing with Turnout?

I really should read this thread

Macquarie is quite a pointed toe and a sleeker last overall. Turnout is more rounded and slightly wider fitting.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's my idea: French Veal Calf with the Comfort sole on the Craftsman last.

Has anyone ordered French Calf in a color other than Black and Chestnut?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads