• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I would but, (and I'm not trying to be dramatic or anything here) I have a feeling the place might burn to the ground if I left for a week right now.

Which bums me out.

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I would but, (and I'm not trying to be dramatic or anything here) I have a feeling the place might burn to the ground if I left for a week right now.

Which bums me out.

Not to be overly dramatic but many dictators used a similar excuse.
frown.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I feel like Raul Castro
plain.gif

If you're planning a coup d'etat I might be able to help you.

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I feel like Raul Castro
plain.gif

All people are equal, just some people are more equal than others.
frown.gif

I like how even in the hypothetical situation that he only gets one week and not two.
sarcasm.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there was some spam but I reported it using this:
report.gif
oh-noes.jpg

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
The problem with B&S is that it's never been established what the purpose of it is. Half think it is a free market where they should make as much profit as the market will bear, the other half think profit is evil and that SF is a "gentleman's club" where we only aim to break even.

Really?

I never go to the SW&D side, so I can't speak for that, but until the last few weeks, I'd never heard of anyone thinking B&S was part of some kind of commune. I didn't even imagine this commune rationale existed until just recently.

I mean, did anyone really think that edmorel, chorse123, whusurdadi, EL72, and about a million others are just these nice guys who scour the world for great sartorial deals to pass on to a bunch of dudes on the internet just out of the goodness of their hearts?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK IN THE QUOTED POST. NSFW.

Originally Posted by amerikajinda
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...indaIsRetarded

oh-noes.jpg

**** you, man. Report that ****, don't repost it here. When I can see the topic of the thread, I know not to click it. Without any references here, I just got a bunch of filth on my work screen, you fuckup.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Really? I never go to the SW&D side, so I can't speak for that, but until the last few weeks, I'd never heard of anyone thinking B&S was part of some kind of commune. I didn't even imagine this commune rationale existed until just recently. I mean, did anyone really think that edmorel, chorse123, whusurdadi, EL72, and about a million others are just these nice guys who scour the world for great sartorial deals to pass on to a bunch of dudes on the internet just out of the goodness of their hearts?
Exactly; it doesn't make any sense to me, either, but sure enough... you get thread-shitters an awful lot (especially lately) when it is apparent that certain items are being sold for profit... even if the price in question is reasonable. I guess using the "gentleman's club" was a bit of a joke, because really it is mostly whining kids who are doing most of the ********.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really?

I never go to the SW&D side, so I can't speak for that, but until the last few weeks, I'd never heard of anyone thinking B&S was part of some kind of commune. I didn't even imagine this commune rationale existed until just recently.

I mean, did anyone really think that edmorel, chorse123, whusurdadi, EL72, and about a million others are just these nice guys who scour the world for great sartorial deals to pass on to a bunch of dudes on the internet just out of the goodness of their hearts?

This attitude is more marked on the SW&D B&S, where the clientele is younger and more naive. It has lately gotten to the point where many transgress the rules by posting not only negative, but defamatory comments in people's buying and selling threads. The moderators have done their best job to clean up such action, but they cannot be on 24/7.

sloane3

Reaction score
DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK IN THE QUOTED POST. NSFW.

**** you, man. Report that ****, don't repost it here. When I can see the topic of the thread, I know not to click it. Without any references here, I just got a bunch of filth on my work screen, you fuckup.

Get back to work then instead of playing Mickey Mouse games online. Problem solved.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Silverback
All people are equal, just some people are more equal than others.
frown.gif

I like how even in the hypothetical situation that he only gets one week and not two.
sarcasm.gif

Grow up. Is this all about me calling you a monkey? You have a monkey name, had a monkey avatar, and are arguing (badly) in a thread about evolution. If you had a sense of humor, you would be much less annoying.

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Grow up. Is this all about me calling you a monkey? You have a monkey name, had a monkey avatar, and are arguing (badly) in a thread about evolution. If you had a sense of humor, you would be much less annoying.
global-exclamation-point.gif
It is a racist term.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Silverback
global-exclamation-point.gif
It is a racist term.

No, it is not. Not unless I were using it to put you down because I thought you were black (which I don't think is the case) or something, which I was not. I was using it because you were being intentionally obtuse and derailing the thread, i.e. trolling (like you are most likely doing now), and because it fits your name and former avatar and the theme of the thread. But good luck with trying to call me a racist, I'm sure you'll find tons of people to support that accusation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads