• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marathons

unexpected

Reaction score
Inspired by the tri thread, does anyone here do marathons?

I've done one 1/2 and one full. Thinking about doing more....

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May 3, 2009 will be my first marathon
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

dsgNYC

Reaction score
I wish I could, but I have a defective knee and I don't think I could get through training for one without doing some serious damage.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unexpected
good luck quevola! what time are you shooting for?

Thanks - I'm shooting for under 4 hours. I ran a half-marathon in January at 1:58

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
Thanks - I'm shooting for under 4 hours. I ran a half-marathon in January at 1:58

wait - what? I thought your training times were faster than that. Am I confusing you with someone else or did you take it easy?

As for me: Second marathon this January. Ran a half in '08, and a full in '04

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
wait - what? I thought your training times were faster than that. Am I confusing you with someone else or did you take it easy?

As for me: Second marathon this January. Ran a half in '08, and a full in '04

Yeah - you must be confusing me with someone else. I'm a novice.

cubsin4

Reaction score
I've done three marathons; Pittsburgh (2000), Cleveland (2005), and Chicago (2006). I'm not even sure why I did more than one. The novelty has worn off at this point.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have done five full and more than a dozen half marathons Did NYC three times. This year I will do Delaware and NYC. I am as slow as molasses going uphill in the middle of a January freeze in Vermont.

The marathons provide many hours of welcome solitude. More importantly, the training, which is a *****, keeps me reasonably healthy, somewhat trimmer, and less likely to smoke.

unexpected

Reaction score
I think I enjoyed the training more than the race itself. Marathon training is a huge time commitment, and it was kind of nice being that disciplined about something.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I did one in San Diego and then the last leg of an Ironman.

All in all I didn't enjoy just a flat our Marathon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads