• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jferg4350

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
No I'm not a wierdo!
smile.gif

I'm right handed and wear my watch on my right hand.

You are a weirdo.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
Flathead Flannel. Thanks to Kiya for stocking such a great item.

Library-788.jpg

This is pretty fantastic. Would love to cop, but can't justify the price tag, as stunning as that may be. Never thought I'd use the word "stunning" to describe a flannel.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
No I'm not a wierdo!
smile.gif

I'm right handed and wear my watch on my right hand.

me too!

omg we have something in common!! yaay!

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought some Timberland Boot Company cap toes. You guys should consider them if you want comfort too. My feet are all fucked up and while I've been doing therapy, I've been searching for some good shoes and these feel just as good if not better than my technical shoes. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Looking forward to those pics. I've been contemplating some TBC cap toes ever since they put the SS09 images on their website. Did you get them from the Georgetown Coop?

constantine.

Reaction score
can you fit orthodics in them? i'm waiting for my orthodics to arrive (i pronate and tons of knee pain) and i'm worried most of my dress shoes will be rendered useless.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
Flathead Flannel. Thanks to Kiya for stocking such a great item.

Library-788.jpg

I want the red one so badly. Not sure if I am going to cop this late in the winter though.

rolling green

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
I want the red one so badly. Not sure if I am going to cop this late in the winter though.

Do it! I have the red and the detailing and quality is awesome. You never know if kiya will restock these so get em while you can!

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To anyone interested in the Flathead flannel. I wasn't sure about the price either at first. But two things justified it for me.

1) I saw the BoO blue flannel shirt jacket and really like how it looked, but I also noticed that it was selling for about $500 ($280 on sale) and it was pretty much sold out everywhere.

2) I was able to buy a used Flathead houndstooth shirt off Sufu for a bargain (If you call $100 a bargain), and when I got it in hand, the material was super thick and the fit was right on. Right then I suspected that the flathead blue flannel would be probably better quality and less expensive than the BoO shirt jacket, and so I went ahead and bought it.

To my surprise, the blue flannel is actually slightly thicker than I was expecting since it's from the winter line, which is a bonus. If you consider that this shirt can double as a light jacket, $210 is very reasonable.

(p.s. I also want the red one but would like it to be different in design than my blue one, hopefully there will be another variation of these by the time Fall/Winter rolls around again)

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by farfisa23
Nice, did you get the S?

What color and options?

I love the Clubman, it's my fave MINI.

thanks, no I wanted the Nightfire red color (burgundy) and the S doesnt have that available. I talked with some folks in a socal Mini club and the consensus seemed to be the Clubman in the S option wasnt really worth it. My 04 wasnt an S and I was completely happy with its performance.

got most of the options, except the navigation. I love the "comfort bluetooth", and overall they made this car so much better than previous years without raising the price much if at all.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahjota,

Yep I did. I'm going to charge my battery right now.

Constantine.,

Yes, I can fit my orthotics. The thing that's great about this brand is that they have removable insoles. The insoles they provide are actually not bad either but they're no replacement for orthotics. You're right by the way. You are really screwed with your other dress shoes. It's truly a ******* shame and I was really bummed out when I got mine. The first orthotic I received is one with a lot of cushioning so it is rather thick. They made it that way to relieve pressure because I have plantar fasciitis. They even made a circular cut out right where the fascia sits. It's too thick to wear with regular dress shoes. The part that corresponds to the toe box is too wide for many shoes and if you have to trim it, you'll have a really loose fit if you ever wear it with your work out shoes. I just got a call from the doctor's office letting me know that my half length slimmer orthotic is in. I really don't care anymore now that I found these shoes haha. Plus, the ****** thing about the half length is that the front of your foot has to step on **** while the back is comfortable and your foot is at an even more aggressive angle.

I've thought that perhaps I can go up a full size in some shoes to fit the orthotic in but I don't want to come into different problems. The balls of your feet are supposed to line up with the widest part of the shoes so going up a full size to accomodate the orthotic might result in a bad fit and not allow your foot to flex with the sole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads