• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where Do Hats Fit Into Streetwear?

Clover216

Reaction score
I was just wondering what types of hats (if any) are good for casual wear. Personally, I'm talking about clothes I wear to high school. It just seems that for me there is no really good type of hat, and I kind of wish there was because hats are a good, lazy alternative to trying to get perfect hair every morning. Personally, I think New Era fitted hats look good, but they just paint an image that I don't want to convey. Bowler hats, boater hats, cowboy hats, etc. all are respectable headwear, but I don't think they are really appropriate for someone my age.

What do you guys think? Are hats just an item that doesn't belong in high school/streetwear fashion?

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You answered the question yourself.
tounge.gif
I might get a boater and/or a nice baseball cap for this summer. Someone posted a place a while back that makes some vintage style baseball caps. As far as winter hats, beanies and even the occasional bomber can look nice.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Clover216

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
You answered the question yourself.
tounge.gif

I might get a boater and/or a nice baseball cap for this summer. Someone posted a place a while back that makes some vintage style baseball caps.

As far as winter hats, beanies and even the occasional bomber can look nice.

That's what I was afraid of. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to go hat-less for the next couple of years.
frown.gif

Clover216

Reaction score
Hmm, maybe I could try to wear beanies. I always figured these for practical usage only, but they can be pretty stylish in a casual way. In your opinion, is it inappropriate or rude to where a beanie indoors (like wearing one through the schoolday)?

Deluks917

Reaction score
I'm still in high school and even I hate talkin about style in the context of high school. You can wear whatever you want to go there.

I think beanies look good on a great many people and would suggest wearing one.

Clover216

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
If I had to go get a hat I'd buy one of those cheap ones from H&M. Does it fit your style though?

DXL705_65997_10100_62_0114.jpg

One of those? If that's what you're talking about, I think it's a nice looking hat, but I don't think I would wear it around school.

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Clover216
Hmm, maybe I could try to wear beanies. I always figured these for practical usage only, but they can be pretty stylish in a casual way. In your opinion, is it inappropriate or rude to where a beanie indoors (like wearing one through the schoolday)?

Hmm...technically you aren't supposed to wear hats indoors. I don't think anyone in your average high school is going to care though.

I wouldn't wear a beanie all day at school just because it would make my head too hot and itchy.

Clover216

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
Hmm...technically you aren't supposed to wear hats indoors. I don't think anyone in your average high school is going to care though.

I wouldn't wear a beanie all day at school just because it would make my head too hot and itchy.

Yeah, I agree it doesn't really make sense to wear a hat all day. I guess I'm just a little jealous of those kids who wear New Era caps not having to ever worry about what their hair looks like.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Clover216
DXL705_65997_10100_62_0114.jpg

One of those? If that's what you're talking about, I think it's a nice looking hat, but I don't think I would wear it around school.

nah not that one the black one that would look good with things like sweaters. dunno the proper name for that kind of hat

Clover216

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
nah not that one the black one that would look good with things like sweaters. dunno the proper name for that kind of hat

Is it a Fedora?

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads