• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Considering some white/off white jeans

dinted voice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skiwebster
I bought a pair of white 501's back in october for a halloween costume. They have been sitting in my closet since then but after reading through this thread, I'm ready to pull them out and give them a spin.

What was the costume?

skiwebster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinted voice
What was the costume?

epqg3q.jpg

johnboy86

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Great. Another loser newbie. Post reported.

calm down fella it's just an opinion. i don't like white jeans. you like white jeans.

can't we all have opinions?

Icarium

Reaction score
Picked up some white 511's at the levi's store today. I really like them for the price. My usual, snug size was a little too skinny, so i went up one. They fit really similar to an APC NS (if NS was low-rise) at my normal size. They are just about perfect for <100$ jeans imo. The white isn't overly white either. It is closer to an off-white than an optical white.

I also tried on 501's, and they are effing huge on me.

For reference, I'm 5'10" and 140 lbs.

KimboIsLegit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Icarium
Picked up some white 511's at the levi's store today. I really like them for the price. My usual, snug size was a little too skinny, so i went up one. They fit really similar to an APC NS (if NS was low-rise) at my normal size. They are just about perfect for <100$ jeans imo. The white isn't overly white either. It is closer to an off-white than an optical white.

I also tried on 501's, and they are effing huge on me.

For reference, I'm 5'10" and 140 lbs.

How much are they at the Levi's stores? Can you post pics also if possible, thinking about getting a pair of white 511s.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
69.50 color isnt exactly white...its called white cloud
atw7wo.jpg
sale is going on right now

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bought a pair...i wear 30 in apc ns and went w/ a tagged 33

ended up changing my mind and returning them to look for better white jeans

dinted voice

Reaction score
Posted yesterday in WAYWT MC - pictures don't work on my work computer, so the picture might not show up. If not, I will try again tonight.

White Denim Take 2

Trying to get a feel for what I can put together with these new jeans, so I am wearing them while visiting the inlaws this afternoon.

The hat is a seersucker stripe pattern, but more grey than blue.

The clothes are there because the washer wouldn't spin to empty the water. Had to fish out all the clothes and hang outside while I fixed it!

Sorry for the butt shot of the dog....

I think I have found my spot to take pictures at from now on...I just need to get the sunlight/glare under control!

Icarium

Reaction score
The levi's are good enough quality for what I paid imo. Given how white pants attract dirt, wearing something like white Somet's would make me scared to go out... 300$ is a little much. Dirty white trousers of any material look awful to me.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinted voice
Posted yesterday in WAYWT MC - pictures don't work on my work computer, so the picture might not show up. If not, I will try again tonight.
Your photos don't work. I was inspired however by the cheapness of the AE jeans (and my roommate had a 40% coupon with free shipping). I have a pair in the "straight" fit coming my way although I may need to exchange sizes locally. I went straight since it didnt talk about having the distressing of the ones you posted and having tried on the straight fit, I don't think my meaty thighs could fit into anything tighter. I made this decision after trying on the gap selvage white jeans and not really liking the fit...and the difference in price of $88 vs $18

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
My white somets are for sale click my sig.

10 fr rise
14 rr rise
34 inch inseam

adamha won't respond to my pm
frown.gif

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got a lot of wear out of my raw white *** GAP jeans in Barbados last week. Seen here with Clark DBs and Fred Perry. Just put jeans through the wash today and some of the scuffs and little stains aren't coming out so well - I hope they look better when they dry!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics