• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Breast pocket on OCBD: acceptable?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Shouldn't Foof be showing up in this thread right about now?

- B

Two button collar, no back pleats, French placket, mitred cuffs = next level $#!+.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Shouldn't Foof be showing up in this thread right about now?

Originally Posted by Manton
Two button collar, no back pleats, French placket, mitred cuffs = next level $#!+.

I'm so beyond the pocket vs. no pocket debate, I figured I'd wait for the discourse to catch up before weighing in.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I'm so beyond the pocket vs. no pocket debate, I figured I'd wait for the discourse to catch up before weighing in.

You're next step is to lose the buttons from the collar points entirely, and move them to the collar to make four buttons there total.

Admit it.

- B

Cordovan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
According to Will, one of the worst days in his life was the day in 1969 when BB added pockets to their shirts. I have never known BB without pockets. I get my MTM OCBDs with pockets. But the pinpoint ones I get from Geneva have no pocket.

I don't know the history, but this is my general preference.

Cordovan

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You're next step is to lose the buttons from the collar points entirely, and move them to the collar to make four buttons there total.

Admit it.

I will admit to nothing here. I prefer my innovations to leap off the screen in full 1024 x 768 glory so that you are all made fully aware that my actions are irreversible.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know, I hate the pocket (I've removed it from some new shirts), and yet it is definitely useful. Style vs. function. Choose one.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You should know that your lack of glasses on Saturday deeply disturbed some of your dining companions. Your lack of OCBD foo style was also a bit jarring. Thank god you wore the one shoes.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'd like a few of those bullet holster style loops on the arm for my golf tees.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
You should know that your lack of glasses on Saturday deeply disturbed some of your dining companions. Your lack of OCBD foo style was also a bit jarring. Thank god you wore the one shoes.

I didn't want to over-Foo you guys. I'm best savored in small bites.

Did the One shoes abominate or dominate?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
the one shoes.

the_one_ring_screen01.jpg

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

wtf!!!
What happened to all the planning about even wear and showing restraint until the full set was in.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
wtf!!!
What happened to all the planning about even wear and showing restraint until the full set was in.

I was weak. I wanted to wear my flannel suit because it was cold and the shoes happened to pair best with it. Also, my follow-up order should be done within a 3-4 months (much faster the second time around). I figure a handful of wearings before then can easily be compensated for later.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I didn't want to over-Foo you guys. I'm best savored in small bites.

Did the One shoes abominate or dominate?

For all of the hype, they were shockingly... normal.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The OCDB I'm currently wearing is double button cuffs, tall collar, single breast pocket with button-through closure, and center back box pleat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads