• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Band of Outsiders

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dammit and I thought once I saw the word S I would be ok since BoO is really slim fit...

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You always have to factor in human variances when measured by someone I would imagine. With regards to the sizing an as mentioned, I have heard that variances exist within the same size/fit (A body, F body, etc.) depending on the type (i.e. overdye vs. OCBD). I hear the overdye runs a tad more snug. I don't think that should trouble you though b/c BoO is slim fit so I would hope 0.5" difference in the pit-to-pit shouldn't be a deal breaker unless you have some major OCD.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My OCD with fit just cost me a BoO shirt that some schmuck JUST piced up...ugh

And whats the difference between F body and A body? I heard A body is the slimmest one...

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea Ive searched it before.

"Band of Outsiders has recently released an impressive collection of shirts in a variety of patterns presented in their new ’F-Body’ fit style. This fit differs from the usual slim A-Body fit in that it is cut with longer arms, fuller chest and back. In addition, these shirts have a straight (non-button down) collar and no pleating down the back of the torso"

Still confused as to wheter this means that the cut is not as slim because there are no pleats and because of the fuller chest and back.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fuller == bigger == not as slim. Hope this helps.

EDIT: You may not have the same Google results as I do, but there is a StyleForum thread that showed up in my results that explains A-Body and F-Body.

- the differences are huge and has little (nothing actually) to do with regular vs tall. f-body is cut more like an actual dress shirt without a button down collar or box pleat. they are not nearly as fitted and slightly longer. both a-body and f-body come in regular and tall sizing, but talls in both are pretty scarce.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help ahjota! I didnt see that google result for some reason...Furthermore I was confused as the BoO merlot shirt I just bought from Dolorsa has a box pleat but no button down collar and its clearly not meant to be a dress shirt.

Well Im not getting any Fbodys anytime soon...not much occassion to wear it being a college student.

pinoy

Reaction score
argh some BoO sz M shirts didn't work out for me. if anyone is interested, i've made a sale thread here.

poodlerock

Reaction score
Got the Sperry nylon lows and highs today--holy crap they're cool. Anyone else planning to replace the black laces on the boots with brown ones like those on the lows?

poodlerock

Reaction score
Are the nylon boat shoes meant for fall (i believe they were issued FW08), spring/summer, or year-round? I'm definitely going to be wearing them all spring and summer either way, but was just wondering what the collective wisdom is.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
anyone want an XL plum stripe ? bigger than normal XL but not hugely so. good for a true L

sh0ebox

Reaction score
Received my BoO order from Gilt today. Got the Moss overdye, Chocolate overdye, and White striped button downs (all in XS) --- I am going to keep the moss and chocolate, but am thinking about letting go of the white striped button down. If anyone is interested, let me know.

I'm looking to recoup what I paid and a little extra for postage (USPS priority), PayPal fees, and traveling to the post office to ship it out since it's not very close and I don't have a car. PM me for details.

2lbcfbs.jpg

s2xwcm.jpg

flhhz4.jpg

van_hammersly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sh0ebox
Received my BoO order from Gilt today. Got the Moss overdye, Chocolate overdye, and White striped button downs (all in XS) --- I am going to keep the moss and chocolate, but am thinking about letting go of the white striped button down. If anyone is interested, let me know.

I'm looking to recoup what I paid and a little extra for postage (USPS priority), PayPal fees, and traveling to the post office to ship it out since it's not very close and I don't have a car. PM me for details.

I'm not interested in the white striped one but I just wanted to say the overdyes look great on you. How tall are you if you dont mind? I was looking for XS overdyes from Gilt and came up empty-handed. I'm very jealous!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads