• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Musician

Reaction score
Ralph Lauren Oxford shirt- White
Ralph Lauren S/S shirt- White/Blue stripes
Merona shirt- Black
Slip-ons- Navy Blue

I would have posted pics but when i try to up load them, the file size is to big...dont know how to get around this.
confused.gif

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisjr
Thank you kindly, sir. I found them on sale. Down from around $600 CAD to $289 and then 12% off that (balance of 25% off and 13% taxes). I'm hoping I will be able to wear them with a suit. Formal enough?
If you wear the suit casually / in a social setting, a la Thick as Thieves, yes. I wouldn't wear them in a business environment or anything comparable though, somewhat too elongated. I suppose others' views may vary. I see them as the quintessential dressier jean shoe, though they obviously have pretty good range. The price you got them at is an excellent deal in a broadly usable tone, good pickup. While not a purchase, exactly, I should post this... my birthday pending, this coat is on its way to me from a friend, except in off-white (it is made of a cotton / silk / poplin combo). Helmut Lang from FW08. I hope it gets colder once in a while and I have a chance to wear it before fall, though my nico jackets will more likely suit march temps here.
7.jpg
EDIT: Actually if anyone knows who is / was selling this and can get me more info I would appreciate it.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bullitt
- APC, New Standard, indigo brut
- Uniqlo, T-000, Skinny fit tapered jeans, gray

- I'd be interested in hearing your feedback on the differences in fit between the jeans. I have the APC NS as well & have been toying with the Uniqlo T-100 or their MIJ raw denim line (before you ask, I hate trying things in on in crowded shops.

Originally Posted by chrisjr
Thank you kindly, sir.
I found them on sale. Down from around $600 CAD to $289 and then 12% off that (balance of 25% off and 13% taxes). I'm hoping I will be able to wear them with a suit. Formal enough?

- only with fashion forward suits not business safe.

Bought another Panama short brimmed hat today. This time from Agnes B with a black band (planning to change the band to either chocolate or navy). I think this will be better with suits in summer compared to the Dunhill I got last week as the solid bands & pinched crown lends to a more dressier look.

Pictures tomorrow.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flytothesky
Does anyone know what Jeans the model is wearing?

Helmut Lang

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Welcome to the klub.

+1 can't wait until it gets warm enough for me to actually wear this.

Bullitt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- I'd be interested in hearing your feedback on the differences in fit between the jeans. I have the APC NS as well & have been toying with the Uniqlo T-100 or their MIJ raw denim line (before you ask, I hate trying things in on in crowded shops.
I dislike loud, crowded shops. It costs me quite an effort to go to Uniqlo in London. Here are some thoughts about the fit of the NS and T-000. I haven't washed them yet and have been wearing them for a couple of days. NS, size 29: I sized down one from my waist in Levis 501 and Nudies AJ. The size is ok and will be perfect if they stretch. However they sit rather tight on the hip and around the crotch. I hope they will stretch in this area too. The fit around my thighs is tight and not uncomfortable. T-000, size 32: I tried smaller sizes and they did not fit my thighs - I am not fat, just do some sport. The waist is a bit too wide nevertheless I could wear them without a belt as they sit very tight on my thighs. The fit around the hip and crotch is relaxed, not baggy. The leg opening is smaller compared to the NS and the legs are slimmer.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bullitt
NS, size 29: I sized down one from my waist in Levis 501 and Nudies AJ. The size is ok and will be perfect if they stretch. However they sit rather tight on the hip and around the crotch. I hope they will stretch in this area too. The fit around my thighs is tight and not uncomfortable.

T-000, size 32: I tried smaller sizes and they did not fit my thighs - I am not fat, just do some sport. The waist is a bit too wide nevertheless I could wear them without a belt as they sit very tight on my thighs. The fit around the hip and crotch is relaxed, not baggy. The leg opening is smaller compared to the NS and the legs are slimmer.

sounds about right, I wear 29 NS and got the 31 T-000 but my thighs are pretty slim around so I didnt have to size up. Leg is definitely slimmer than the NS, but not quite hipster skin tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads