• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Band of Outsiders

cbusguy

Reaction score
untucked- i have never even tried to tuck one in before
on another note- i just lost my first button off of an oxford that i have
luckily the button was sitting in the bottom of the washer

Deluks917

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poodlerock
How do you guys wear your BoO shirts--tucked or untucked? With the funky hemline, they look a little funny untucked, but better, I think, than they do tucked.

I can't keep them in tucked, I've tried and I like the way it looks but it won't stay in.

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always try to tuck, I'm not very tall but it's sitll hard to do. You gotta fight it all day haha

poodlerock

Reaction score
Thanks for corroborating my suspicion. I guess my recent BoO acquisitions will be relegated to casual Fridays and nights (or possibly for wear under a sweater).

Just an FYI: I've picked up 6 Gitman Vintage shirts recently. They fit slim, like Black Fleece, but are easily tucked in. They're great workshirts (in the sense of wearing them to an office job). I grabbed two with club collars (rounded) and I'm not sure what to think of them yet, but the rest of the shirts are becoming my favorites.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually I find that because of the uneven hem it looks great tucked on me. I never do it so I don't know how it will stay in place over time.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its way too short to be tucked, Im not a tall guy but if I tucked my side would be showing.

Anyway, anyone have a size Small Blue or white oxford?

PLEASE??

-edit-

Yes I am a whore.

KBW

Reaction score
Is this shirt/jacket worth buying?
cd90_1.JPG

KBW

Reaction score
well I'll be damned...went from 175 to 305 in the last 30 seconds

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KBW
well I'll be damned...went from 175 to 305 in the last 30 seconds

For 175 yes...

Unfortunately none of the shirt jackets during the Gilt sale were XS, and I'm still debating with myself whether or not a S would have worked.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
Its way too short to be tucked, Im not a tall guy but if I tucked my side would be showing. Anyway, anyone have a size Small Blue or white oxford? PLEASE?? -edit- Yes I am a whore.
Btw here's some quick (read crappy) pictures of me tucking in my shirt.
q342h5462uo8.jpg
q3h553qim6.jpg
Admittingly my jeans are a little higher than I normally wear them, but this is about dress pant level, actually a bit lower. The sides are covered just enough and I'm sure I could hold it in place with a belt. BTW: I'm 5"9 and I am wearing an XS, overdye, A-Body. Basically the smallest shirt they make.

KBW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
For 175 yes...

Unfortunately none of the shirt jackets during the Gilt sale were XS, and I'm still debating with myself whether or not a S would have worked.

This was on ebay....it was at 150 and with thirty seconds I bid and was winning at 172.50 and in the last 10 seconds two guys bid it all the way to 305. I always get out when that starts happening.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never tuck it into my jeans, just showing that it can be tucked in. Too lazy to change into trousers. Stop looking at my crotch.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
I never tuck it into my jeans, just showing that it can be tucked in. Too lazy to change into trousers. Stop looking at my crotch.

Lel, I am also 5'9 but range from 147-150. A size small fits me perfectly. When I tuck in the shirt it looks the same as you, strange and a bit off. In the end, BoO is meant to be worn as an OCBD...

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ OCBD simply means oxford cloth button down (the latter half refers to the collar style). It has nothing to do with wearing tucked or untucked.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads