• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shorts for spring ... recommendations

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry to tread on ground already covered, but i'm torn between the 7" and 5" inseam j.crew shorts in off-white. i'm 5'8" and athletic but slim for reference, and i have relatively longer legs for my height. would 5" be too much, especially when not worn near the beach?

taikuodo

Reaction score
what kind of shorts would you guys recommend for casual wear @ a high school? I was thinking that those plaid shorts are getting really boring to look at now, and the only alternative are those khaki or beige cargoes? opinions?

Composer_1777

Reaction score
I have also been looking for some shorts and i can't find Sh** for a decent price. I really don't want to spend over 100 $; i just want to enjoy the summer and bum about.

converge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by js4design
sorry to tread on ground already covered, but i'm torn between the 7" and 5" inseam j.crew shorts in off-white. i'm 5'8" and athletic but slim for reference, and i have relatively longer legs for my height. would 5" be too much, especially when not worn near the beach?

I'm 5'6" and the 5" were way too short. I can't imagine anyone pulling those off. So I returned them for the 7".

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
lol it looks like you pooped lol

Worse, it makes it look like your conjoined twin is doing a handstand.

I think Vibskov is just a conspiracy to make my hypothetical female self never want to touch Chrono's weiner.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by converge
I'm 5'6" and the 5" were way too short. I can't imagine anyone pulling those off. So I returned them for the 7".

Jim_Dangle.jpg

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mdeep1
i'd say stick with the 7".

Originally Posted by converge

thanks, this is the way i was leaning but i wanted to make sure it wasn't just a lack of being adventurous on my part

taikuodo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemax
Please... just don't buy those plaid shorts that every frat boy marsupial will be wearing 4 weeks from now. Next guy I see wearing plaid shorts is gonna get a sucker punch from me.

bluemax, what would you recommend for the same price as those plaid shorts? Im talking 20-30 bucks.

and preferbly long enough to cover the knees, and no its not trying to be a fashion statement, but just effective, looks good, and not plaid.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
If you're gonna wear short shorts, you better have some damn fine legs.

+1,

your body is the biggest part of your outfit, if it hasn't been taken care of, like anything else in this world, and you flaunt it, it can look downright embarrassing. If however you are skinny, hairless, toned, etc, then you could be wearing speedos everywhere and nobody would criticize your appearance.

davo10375

Reaction score
Xeno shaves his legs?

Chrono those visbkov shorts look good actually the whole s/s collection seems pretty decent, liking the smiley shorts/pants and rich bux pants as well as those shorts, and some of the tee's/singlets seem kinda cool. You should cop some shorts so I can see fit pics..

edit: chrono i can possibly hook you up with some cheap junya shorts you were looking for etc did ya see my pm?

KBW

Reaction score
I'm 5'11 and I occasionally wear the 5" J Crews. I find them comfortable (if I wear them I wear the MJK short boxer/briefs under so I don't flash anyone) and people at my school wear those really short fishing shorts that are also 5" so nobody really notices. I played soccer growing up and still run every day/lift but I wouldn't rec wearing them if your legs aren't toned. When I managed a retail store for a few years a guy that worked under me was probably 260 and he wore them and it didn't really work for him. Just put down a ruler that is five inches where the seam would start and you'll see how long they are in the front.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads