• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should You Marry Someone Your Age or Someone Much Younger?

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After three marriages, the third still in progress, I have three simple words of advice concerning marriage:

DON'T DO IT!

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like older women, but women are like roses when it comes to age. Men are more like wine. What would you do if you were TyC?
eh.gif

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why in the **** would you marry anyways??? Someone give me a good reason, please.

If you jsut date you can trade int he model every year for a younger, hotter edition.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the idea of raising kids in a nice typical family setting, but I don't like the idea of being married to the same woman for my whole life. So it's pulling in both directions.

Also, I feel like being the eternal bachelor is a bit socially awkward. Not that it would stop me - but it is something to take into consideration.

I mean, I really like good relationships, but I don't like being unnaturally tied down to them. I just don't know how to reconcile that with starting a family. My mother once told me that everything in life is a compromise, I guess she was on point.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pithy maxim "The second wife is very expensive."

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Aesthetically speaking men don't age better than women and when you're 40 your wifey will be looking at those sweet 25 y/olds too. The difference being that now that women earn some moneyz she might divorce your sorry and sagging ass. Equality is a wonderful thing, keeps everyone on their toes.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like older men. With a graduate degree or doctorate. Plskthnx.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Aesthetically speaking men don't age better than women and when you're 40 your wifey will be looking at those sweet 25 y/olds too. The difference being that now that women earn some moneyz she might divorce your sorry and sagging ass. Equality is a wonderful thing, keeps everyone on their toes.
Disagree, have you ever not met any girls that think men look better in their mid 30s since they can begin to see some age? Say that equality line to the physically unattractive women that can't get any. It's not all about looks. It's known that men typically make physical appearance a priority, while women focus on other trash. How great a man's personality is, how much he can provide and can potentially provide, etc. Those things become greater with experience. Someone who's older is typically more seasoned. Hence men are wine. Take present day Clooney and Madonna. Women love Clooney, and for Madonna well you can see how men typically react to her now. Just check that thread someone on this forum made awhile back. I can roll with belligerence but you anit no real *****.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bullshit. men age better.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
Disagree, have you ever not met any girls that think men look better in their mid 30s since they can begin to see some age? Say that equality line to the physically unattractive women that can't get any. It's not all about looks. It's known that men typically make physical appearance a priority, while women focus on other trash. How great a man's personality is, how much he can provide and can potentially provide, etc. Those things become greater with experience. Someone who's older is typically more seasoned. Hence men are wine. Take present day Clooney and Madonna. Women love Clooney, and for Madonna well you can see how men typically react to her now. Just check that thread someone on this forum made awhile back. I can roll with belligerence but you anit no real *****.
I said aesthetic not cultural considerations (to be fair the former are derived from the later and they're about to change). With the advent of a large % of highly educated women outnumbering men in universities and soon the workforce you've already started to see changes about what is considered attractive and what women look for now that they've got independent means of living. These things will only amplify with the years and if you're a young guy now you better stay fit and attractive if you wanna be interesting in your 40s and 50s, bunch of chicks won't go for the stuff they accepted a few decades earlier. It feels great in my opinion because I like when women like me for my sexy self not daddy protection issues. I'll just leave the fat slobs in the dust and keep on keeping on. First we had the pill changing the whole sex and dating game and now this. You better prepare or you'll look like those idiots preaching abstinence to the youngin' when the pills started to flow.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
bullshit. men age better.

Proving without using ANY cultural references. That way we'll know it's objective and not a matter of past mores and social conditioning. Good luck.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Sex with chicks is my Room 101.
FTFY

Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I think i conciously tried to see how many times I could possibly go in one day... let me tell you, after about twelve, it stops being as much fun. I powered my way through to the neighborhood of eighteen or or twenty or so... but it was not enjoyable in the latter stages.

Boredom + whacking off = science!

Good God, man... All I can say is good God...
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Well, you all know I'm a stickler for consistency. [...]I like having a young, beautiful wife now and when I'm still young enough myself to enjoy it.
Seeing your first sentence I was tempted to write, "As long as you haven't marrried six of them..."

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I said aesthetic not cultural considerations (to be fair the former are derived from the later and they're about to change). With the advent of a large % of highly educated women outnumbering men in universities and soon the workforce you've already started to see changes about what is considered attractive and what women look for now that they've got independent means of living. These things will only amplify with the years and if you're a young guy now you better stay fit and attractive if you wanna be interesting in your 40s and 50s, bunch of chicks won't go for the stuff they accepted a few decades earlier. It feels great in my opinion because I like when women like me for my sexy self not daddy protection issues. I'll just leave the fat slobs in the dust and keep on keeping on.

First we had the pill changing the whole sex and dating game and now this. You better prepare or you'll look like those idiots preaching abstinence to the youngin' when the pills started to flow.

It's funny how you assume that I have plans to get fat and ugly. Look at what forum we are posting on ffs. Whose to say we can't be nice looking, have a good personality, and make $$$ at the same time? All of which helps with attracting. STFUI

Proving without using ANY cultural references. That way we'll know it's objective and not a matter of past mores and social conditioning. Good luck.
No, you PROVE it. You're the one going against the standard accepted norm, you badAZZ rebel.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
It's funny how you assume that I have plans to get fat and ugly. Look at what forum we are posting on ffs. Whose to say we can't be nice looking, have a good personality, and make $$$ at the same time? All of which helps with attracting. STFUI No, you PROVE it. You're the one going against the standard accepted norm, you badAZZ rebel.
Did you read what I wrote, it wasn't directly addressed to you anyway but just an explanation about how conditions are changing. BTW your ridiculous STFUI caps thing is getting old, it's not my fault I always hand your ass over to you in these sorts of debates. The fact that you used the word "standard accepted norm" pretty much explained my point about it being cultural.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
I think I know what STFU stands for but what does the 'I" stand for?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads