• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best players Currently in the NBA

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Tim Duncan is the Spurs.
Just like Wade is the Heat. We can't compare Duncan-less Spurs to Wade-less Heat, but we know that losing Wade pushed the Heat to the top of the lottery last year. Some of that was tanking, but they had no finishing ability without him. Here's the distinction: I can name a few guys who are better than or almost as good as Duncan at his position (4 or 5, whatever) right now. Howard is above him, Boozer is his equal when healthy, Yao and Jefferson are arguably his equal or slightly below him. How about Elton Brand (if he ever plays a full season again)? Who compares to Wade, other than Kobe?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Just like Wade is the Heat. We can't compare Duncan-less Spurs to Wade-less Heat, but we know that losing Wade pushed the Heat to the top of the lottery last year. Some of that was tanking, but they had no finishing ability without him.

Here's the distinction: I can name a few guys who are better than or almost as good as Duncan at his position (4 or 5, whatever) right now. Howard is above him, Boozer is his equal when healthy, Yao and Jefferson are arguably his equal or slightly below him. How about Elton Brand (if he ever plays a full season again)?

Who compares to Wade, other than Kobe?

Cavs would be out of the playoffs without LeBron.

Also, Durant is a beast. Easily top 5 or 10 player in the NBA, and no one is talking about the guy because his team sucks. Look at his stat sheet for the last month. He is an absolute beast.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Cavs would be out of the playoffs without LeBron. Also, Durant is a beast. Easily top 5 or 10 player in the NBA, and no one is talking about the guy because his team sucks. Look at his stat sheet for the last month. He is an absolute beast.
Cavs wouldn't win 10 games this season without Lebron. Who are they counting on to lead the charge? Mo Williams?

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Cavs would be out of the playoffs without LeBron. Also, Durant is a beast. Easily top 5 or 10 player in the NBA, and no one is talking about the guy because his team sucks. Look at his stat sheet for the last month. He is an absolute beast.
Yeah, the discussion around LeBron isn't whether he's top 5. It's more like "is he top 5 of all time?" Did you see that game last night? Durant will get there, and he's definitely one of the ten best right now. He's not in the top 5 yet I think.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just like Wade is the Heat. We can't compare Duncan-less Spurs to Wade-less Heat, but we know that losing Wade pushed the Heat to the top of the lottery last year. Some of that was tanking, but they had no finishing ability without him.

Here's the distinction: I can name a few guys who are better than or almost as good as Duncan at his position (4 or 5, whatever) right now. Howard is above him, Boozer is his equal when healthy, Yao and Jefferson are arguably his equal or slightly below him. How about Elton Brand (if he ever plays a full season again)?

Who compares to Wade, other than Kobe?

First of all, you're drawing from two positions here because we think of Duncan as a 4 even though he's kind of a center these days. Even considering that, those guys are Duncan's equal is points and rebounding, maybe blocks, but not everything else. How many all-defense squads have Boozer, Brand, or Yao made? What about Al Jefferson? How many other players in the league have the impact on their team's defense that Tim Duncan? 4, maybe 5, at any position? I can't believe you would even toss Yao in as "arguably" equal to Tim Duncan. Please stop just looking at 3 statistical categories.

Wade is the clear second best SG in the NBA, there is no disputing that, but that doesn't automatically make him better than Duncan.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, the discussion around LeBron isn't whether he's top 5. It's more like "is he top 5 of all time?" Did you see that game last night?

I saw highlights of the 3rd quarter. It was absolutely ridiculous. Brought up memories of the playoff game against Detroit a couple of years ago.

A big man that can get that hot from long range is the most complete package the NBA has ever seen.

76classic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
Lebron is a beast plain and simple. 16 points in 3 minutes on his way to 55.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Anyone catch how Anderson Varejao rolls around on the floor until he realizes that a fracas is going on above him? Then he jumps up with the quickness.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 76classic
Anyone catch how Anderson Varejao rolls around on the floor until he realizes that a fracas is going on above him? Then he jumps up with the quickness.

Varejao: the king of flopping.

delirium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Updated list:

Lebron
Kobe
Chris Paul
Dwight Howard
Tim Duncan

In that order.

this is a good list.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kobe Bryant won't be denied on, or off the court...

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto
Kobe Bryant won't be denied on, or off the court...

Kobe runs those "back door" plays on and off the court.
devil.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lebron is one, next person on the list is #5. he is so far and away the best player, it is marsupialed.

bigger jordan who's actually more athletic and passes like magic. scary that he's what, 24?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I know lebron is gonna win mvp this season, but i really wish people were talking about duncan more this season. His stats are the same as every other season he has ever had (his stats never change), but he is shouldering a bigger load this season than the past 3 years, his parker/manu aren't consistently on the court because of injuries, and duncan is helping guys like hill, mason, and bonner have great years. I love duncan so much

Well, not considering upside my not in order top 10 would probably include:

duncan
garnett
kobe
bron
paul
wade
dirk
howard
yao
roy

there are a lot of young players who could go on to do big things, but i like seeing guys prove they can win and play some great defense, instead of just scoring points (i'm looking at you mayo, durant, westbrook, jefferson, rose)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics