• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Junya Watanabe SS and FW 09

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Same deal as the other threads. Links to runway review and full collection for those who want to check it out. S/S 09 http://men.style.com/fashion/collect...N/review/JWMEN
00060m.jpg
00170m.jpg
00200m.jpg
00250m.jpg
00280m.jpg
00290m.jpg
00370m.jpg
00430m.jpg
******************************************************** F/W 09 http://men.style.com/fashion/collect...N/review/JWMEN
00010m.jpg
00050m.jpg
00070m.jpg
00180m.jpg
00170m.jpg
00220m.jpg
00300m.jpg
00310m.jpg
00410m.jpg
Figured junya is another brand that while complete looks may not be as wearable for some, ideas could be used or appreciated by people into EG type stuff.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I wouldn't wear a lot of it, I think these collections are especially strong.

Pricepoints are nuts though and it doesn't seem to make it to deep discount all that much.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
After the comment in the Ervell thread about Junya mining the same area but doing it more justice, I expected much better. Not seeing a lot of pieces here that I'd wear, much less whole looks. Certainly not at the price.

I was referring to FW, but I may have been reaching...

Agree with you on the price though.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much does this usually run? I like a lot of the SS09.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fallen Angels
quite expensive. like couple hundreds for a shirt.
That's not beyond what a lot of stuff is. I was thinking you guys were saying this was more like HermÃ
00a9.png
s or LV pricing.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
This season is like expensive EG.
Please stop trolling, it's getting quite tiresome... You know little of which you speak so self-righteously.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surely I'm not the only one to make this comparison.
engineered-garments-200-fall-winter-collection-05.jpg
img4218aj7.jpg
Was referring to the hunting season (Fall/winter), not Spring. They both share that vintage, utilitarian, work-wear-esque look, albeit EG being more focused on thick tweed fabrics and not so much on nylon or similar synthetic, jackets. I could definitely see the two working harmoniously in an outfit. I'm not trolling, this is just my opinion.

Fallen Angels

Reaction score
EG and JW can work together, yes. but to say "this is like expensive EG" shows you clearly failed to understand either designer and their visions

sigh. you have this way of stinking up every thread you post in.

please stop acting like you know what you're talking about.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I think they can both work together if someone wanted but i don't really see anything about "ohhh. junya kinda copied eg" or anything. Junya definitely ha a different take on americana workwear type stuff. Sometime there are very obvious influences in design, other times different people are exploring similar territory but doing different stuff. There's a reason i said in my initial post that junya "could be appreciated by people into EG type stuff".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads