• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter Date ideas to do with your sig other...

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, let's just say me and the girl haven't been doing too much on weekends lately, as we can't really find much to do. So this Saturday I want to plan something fun, but I can't think of anything, that doesn't cost tons of money...

So when its cold out, what are some of your favorite things to do with your significant other?

Note, we live in northern nj... going to nyc is an option, shopping there will only cause problems
laugh.gif

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) Watch cable/Netflix

2) **** like bunny rabbits

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, lol @ the north...I seriously forgot it's still hella cold/miserable in a lot of places.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I actually second the night in option. YMMV depending on whether you're outdoor/winter type people or not. Me and the SO have been spending some nights in lately, bundling up, watching movies, and then yes, carrying out the second step in Bona's master plan. Good stuff and it'll be spring before that routine gets too stagnant.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have spent COUNTLESS nights in, we need to do something not in the house!

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You could **** like bunny rabbits...outside!

I don't know. I've got nothing. I don't like the cold and can't stand snow after Christmas, so I try to spend as little time outside during the winter as possible. Why not just hit up NYC? Or is that too cliche at this point? Strolling around the city when it's not FREEZING out is pretty romantic.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Restaurants, concerts, plays, speeches, dance clubs, gallery openings, host a party, go to a party, host a kitschy dinner party with lots of booze, go get coffee/hot chocolate and walk around town with it, go buy some retro or funny board game and go to friends' places and have a game night. With booze.

Man I am white...

Hanseat

Reaction score
Not sure how cold its out at your place but what I did just yesterday wa to drive out of the city and hike through the snow. Remember to take a blanket to sit on when it's not warm enough for you to take off the jacket and sit on it while enjoying the view. Take a book full of poems and read those together (great are those poems that are basically short stories and have several parts- you read one part and she reads the other), also don't forget to take a snack and/or something hot in a thermos flask (should've thought of that yesterday, but hot chocoldade sounds great for that).

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you have access to NYC and can't figure out something to do you are one lazy ass. Buy a f-in Time Out for cripes sake. Get the Thursday Daily News which lists events. Go ice skating in central park. Go to the Village Vanguard. Go to free fridays at the Moma.

sheesh.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hanseat
Not sure how cold its out at your place but what I did just yesterday wa to drive out of the city and hike through the snow. Remember to take a blanket to sit on when it's not warm enough for you to take off the jacket and sit on it while enjoying the view. Take a book full of poems and read those together (great are those poems that are basically short stories and have several parts- you read one part and she reads the other), also don't forget to take a snack and/or something hot in a thermos flask (should've thought of that yesterday, but hot chocoldade sounds great for that).

i would love to do this, sadly she hates being outside because it drys up her skin...
instead we can only do things inside, which means there is no where to go! unless i want to spend $100, or unless we go out to eat somewhere, which we do enough

Hanseat

Reaction score
What about going to one of those places where you can do wall climbing? That's gernerally a lot of fun and indoors. If you care for that s*** you can also see the symbolism in holding her safety rope.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
Well, let's just say me and the girl haven't been doing too much on weekends lately, as we can't really find much to do. So this Saturday I want to plan something fun, but I can't think of anything, that doesn't cost tons of money...

So when its cold out, what are some of your favorite things to do with your significant other?

Note, we live in northern nj... going to nyc is an option, shopping there will only cause problems
laugh.gif

If you stay in cooking is always nice. You could go ice skating for a low cost winter date. Go see a play. Take a class together. Get together with friends and play board games.

inquirer89

Reaction score
I too my girlfriend to the planetarium for Vday. Great alternative to the movies and pretty cheap.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads