• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neapolitan-style jackets that don't break the bank?

Johnathan

Reaction score
Does such a thing even exist? I tried on a Borrelli and my outlook on how a jacket should feel is permanently altered. Why is a jacket that light and unpadded so much more expensive than a regular one? Doesn't logic say that something that uses less "material" be less expensive, or does the added labor exceed that? I'm curious.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You may also like Isaia. I'd recommend visiting a neiman marcus to try on jackets for the correct fit, then do a weekly search at www.sierratradingpost.com for what they have in the size you need. Be sure to do a search on google for 'sierra trading post discount codes,' sometimes they are also posted here on the forum. I just got 30% off my Isaia purchase there
smile.gif

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some, what size are you looking for?
I have 2 cashmere jackets that are very neopolitan in style and would let go for very little.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^^
Size???

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are all 44R
PM if you want details
1 is a cashmere Kiton, super bad ass sweet ass tasty coat.
I need to get a new suit, I would be happy to unload 3-4 of the said Neopolitan style coats for a very fair price.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok, all that are interested:
PM me, I can e-mail details or post here, what ye say?

THEY ARE 44R US, 54R EU.

The Kiton is insane nice. The others are also nice, but not as lux as le Kiton.
Details will be gathered in short order.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some good measures for the jackets:

Kiton Measures
Chest (x2) 22
belly at 2nd button 20.5
Length from top of collar 32.5
Sleeves 24.5 (could be let out another .5 if needed)
Shoulders 19.5
Pics are coming.

Other two measures:
Chest 22
Belly 21
Length of sleeves 25
Length from top of collar 31.5
shoulders 19.25
these are both 100% cashmere, super neapolitan in shape and construction (pleated sleeve heads, shoulder pick stitching etc, very cool linings)

Johnathan

Reaction score
From the measurements, those sound more like 42's.

Which is my size.
laugh.gif
I'm very interested.

david809

Reaction score
If you are looking for a light and relatively unpadded coat, you should check out the Samuelsohn Talbot model. There are posts about it on this forum and AAAC. Full canvas, very natural shoulder, light. Depending on the dealer, about $800 for a coat, $1100 for a suit. The Samuelsohn stock and made to measure programs are excellent and good values.

Edit: One additional factoid, I own a few Isaia's, and the Talbot shoulder is almost as nice, and at a third of the retail price of Isaia.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As one of the earlier posters said, try Isaia, especially from STP. I have a number of them but the shoulder does vary a bit from model to model. I have one that seems to have virtually no shoulder padding at all and others that have just a touch.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love my isaia coats too.
Boglioli is also very light. Not Neapolitan, but light in the same manner.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads