• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a warm weather blue blazer

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of the 3 button

LesterSnodgrass

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
I'm not a huge fan of the 3 button

3 button blazer doesn't offend me. It may be more of a 3/2 -- Yoox tends to over-button for their stock photos. Am I incorrect on this assumption?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought a BL linen one from Holdfast for 100 quid. Anyone who pays more than that paid too much, according to SF dogma.

LesterSnodgrass

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
I bought a BL linen one from Holdfast for 100 quid. Anyone who pays more than that paid too much, according to SF dogma.

Chris? You out there? Hook a brother up with a 38R/S.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LesterSnodgrass

+1, in a 40R.
smile.gif

chrisjr

Reaction score
Here's my casual summer blue blazer:
IMG_4292.jpg

chrisjr

Reaction score
^^^^

Disregarded as non-responsive.

Sorry.
If you like that blazer, it is made by RL Polo. I picked it up for about $150 CAD (I guess around $120 USD). Is that the kind of jacket you are looking for?
It's probably a little flashy for some, seeing how there is almost an entire polo game going on on the breast.
Here is a similar piece, but more formal:
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family
Price is a little ridiculous.
Just trying to help.

LesterSnodgrass

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisjr
Sorry. If you like that blazer, it is made by RL Polo. I picked it up for about $150 CAD (I guess around $120 USD). Is that the kind of jacket you are looking for? It's probably a little flashy for some, seeing how there is almost an entire polo game going on on the breast. Here is a similar piece, but more formal: http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family Price is a little ridiculous. Just trying to help.
I like the look you are sporting in the photo. Not crazy about the flaps on patch pockets, but probably easily removed. 1K+ is silly. for $120.00 USD, I'd bite. So, thanks, that was helpful. Sort of. edit: Just noticed the pony corral on the breast -- not dancing in the streets about that either, but it works for you if you like it.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are a couple of similar polo jackets in B&S right now, no?

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the look you are sporting in the photo. Not crazy about the flaps on patch pockets, but probably easily removed.

1K+ is silly. for $120.00 USD, I'd bite. So, thanks, that was helpful. Sort of.

edit: Just noticed the pony corral on the breast -- not dancing in the streets about that either, but it works for you if you like it.

The one on the website is made by Corneliani, the one in the picture is made for a dept. store and retails for much less, more like this:

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family

Can't even compare the two.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
+1, in a 40R.
smile.gif

Like the devil, speak my name and I shall appear.
smile.gif

Actually I did have some Aquascutum half-lined navy wool blazers in recently which would have been ok for most climates. The ones grims remembers were linen ones (can't remember where they were lined or not) and from last summer. IIRC, I had to really price-cut hard on those linen ones to get them shifted...
plain.gif

The Aquascutums sold fairly well, though (one ended up going for more on eBay than the final price I offered it on here, I think).

I keep a look-out for blazers to resell, though I've found that because they're often bought as a core item, people don't tend to bite early unless they're absolutely perfectly what they've been after a long time, so I tend to pass up the crested ones, weirdly detailed ones, etc, etc.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Like the devil, speak my name and I shall appear.
smile.gif

Actually I did have some Aquascutum half-lined navy wool blazers in recently which would have been ok for most climates. The ones grims remembers were linen ones (can't remember where they were lined or not) and from last summer. IIRC, I had to really price-cut hard on those linen ones to get them shifted...
plain.gif

The Aquascutums sold fairly well, though (one ended up going for more on eBay than the final price I offered it on here, I think).

I keep a look-out for blazers to resell, though I've found that because they're often bought as a core item, people don't tend to bite early unless they're absolutely perfectly what they've been after a long time, so I tend to pass up the crested ones, weirdly detailed ones, etc, etc.

The one I got from you is half-lined. IIRC, I swooped in after you failed to move it on ebay. The price was excellent, and I remain very grateful to you for selling it to me at that price. Even though I haven't been able to wear it yet.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads