• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New gap denim

onlyonetime

Reaction score
i def want to pick up the white pair....i just wish gap.com had like a store availability locater so i can know which gaps around me have them in stock.
frown.gif
i guess i could call around. plus being a gap, inc. employee will def. help on the price!

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onlyonetime
i def want to pick up the white pair....i just wish gap.com had like a store availability locater so i can know which gaps around me have them in stock.
frown.gif
i guess i could call around. plus being a gap, inc. employee will def. help on the price!

You are a gap employee and you can't find a pair of pants in a gap store?

thats some fucked up inventory system

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
You are a gap employee and you can't find a pair of pants in a gap store?

thats some fucked up inventory system

He might work for BR or Old Navy. They all get the same discount.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1-800-GAP STYLE will locate the jeans in a store near you. They are pretty reliable.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The gap by my house has them on sale for like 39. I looked at the inside seams and I dind't remember them as being selvedge, but I went to the website and checked them out and they did saw Japanese denim inside the waistband. I regret not trying them on in the skinny fit which probably aren't even that skinny knowing how gap is.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dropped by GAP on vacation (as my local GAP doesn't stock these) and picked up a pair of the "low rise straight fit", white Japanese denim, red selvedge for just under $100. I always have worn 32s in GAP, but tried on a 31 and was amazed by the fit and the jean as a whole. I already have a pair of Nudie Slim Jims in white, but I couldn't walk out of the store without these GAP jeans.

The fit sized down 1 is very similar to a true-to-size Slim Jim. The GAP jeans were quite tight at the waist for the first day, but have loosened up considerably.

So the good news is, they are very nice jeans. The bad news is, I now have two pairs of jeans that are almost identical. Ideally I'd sell a pair; truthfully, I think the GAP pair is an overall nicer jean - the stitching, and the detailing is really quite nice.

FYI, this location in Toronto had a bunch of washes (including grey, white, raw, etc.) in the low-rise straight fit but only one wash in the "skinny" fit - which appeared to be raw. I didn't try on the skinny fit, but it definitely didn't look much different from the aforementioned cut.

awxg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Notreknip
FYI, this location in Toronto had a bunch of washes (including grey, white, raw, etc.) in the low-rise straight fit but only one wash in the "skinny" fit - which appeared to be raw. I didn't try on the skinny fit, but it definitely didn't look much different from the aforementioned cut.

Where specifically in Toronto? I'd like to check out the whites.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought mine from Scarborough Town Centre, but saw them at Young-Dundas as well.

blackdarkeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timbaland
The gap by my house has them on sale for like 39. I looked at the inside seams and I dind't remember them as being selvedge, but I went to the website and checked them out and they did saw Japanese denim inside the waistband. I regret not trying them on in the skinny fit which probably aren't even that skinny knowing how gap is.

when i tried them on they were pretty tight, and i only sized down.

Originally Posted by Notreknip
I dropped by GAP on vacation (as my local GAP doesn't stock these) and picked up a pair of the "low rise straight fit", white Japanese denim, red selvedge for just under $100. I always have worn 32s in GAP, but tried on a 31 and was amazed by the fit and the jean as a whole. I already have a pair of Nudie Slim Jims in white, but I couldn't walk out of the store without these GAP jeans.

The fit sized down 1 is very similar to a true-to-size Slim Jim. The GAP jeans were quite tight at the waist for the first day, but have loosened up considerably.

So the good news is, they are very nice jeans. The bad news is, I now have two pairs of jeans that are almost identical. Ideally I'd sell a pair; truthfully, I think the GAP pair is an overall nicer jean - the stitching, and the detailing is really quite nice.

wow a you really think a gap is better nudies??

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackdarkeye
when i tried them on they were pretty tight, and i only sized down.

Thanks. I will probably go back and try them on.

argyleboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
Tried on the standard (in size I normally wear at gap) and liked them a lot...don't know if they shrink though.

where are you located?

2 or 3 weeks ago i was in the philly flagship store and they only carried the low-rise straights, but i can't cram into them. standards would be perfect. i called all around, and even emailed for ***** and giggles, and gap told me they weren't in any stores, online only.

thanks

hypnos123

Reaction score
yeah, the gap selvedge jeans look pretty good.....before the first wash.

After that it just fades into ugliness
eh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads