• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Band of Outsiders

cjl2g

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Looks like they had to do it impromptu if they just shot it at The News. Still, fall looked pretty solid. There were a couple of great pieces that Mauro picked up that weren't in these photos which was kind of a pity.

You must wear things rather relaxed. I'm 6'/165lbs and I wear a M in BoO. I can't imagine someone at 5'8, 135lbs soaking wet would want to wear the same size unless they were sizing up one or two.

huh? the geller pieces i own in 48 fit super slim (maybe that model fit smaller)...i usually wear S in most other dress shirts, for example j crew.
i guess ill go with S then...

hacksul

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BBSLM
Yea, thats what im trying to avoid. And yes the pit to pit comparison made sense. I think I will just go with a L. A quick google search made it seem like I should be able to have it tailored if it ends up being a little loose. Maybe I will buy in M and L and sell the ones that dont fit. I hate shopping for clothes online.
I wanted to avoid tailoring because at the pricepoint they are charging for some of the plain looking solids/oxfords to have it additionally needing tailoring to fit I thought was not worth it (might as well buy some J crew, gap, banana republic stuff on clearance and have them altered though the quality of the boo is definately better). I was even hesitant to buy at the $90 pricepoint because to be honest many of the boo shirts are somewhat by nature plain and not really that distinctive besides the cut and most average folks (non sf people) will just think that some guy bought a J Crew shirt that was "too small" Since I don't have much time to goto the tailor too much (though he is good Italian one) I felt like what the hell, I'll wear them till I outgrow them/shrink and it seems that Boo is popular enough so that somebody will buy them off you if you happen to not like them.

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can somebody explain this Gilt deal to me? I logged in at about 12:03 EST and just about everything was already sold out in every size but XL. do these sales really move that fast, or am i missing something? i didnt kop a single thing from this BoO Gilt sale.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BBSLM
can somebody explain this Gilt deal to me? I logged in at about 12:03 EST and just about everything was already sold out in every size but XL. do these sales really move that fast, or am i missing something? i didnt kop a single thing from this BoO Gilt sale.

i got to work early so i could camp on the site at 11:57

GiltGroupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
There are tons of members on gilt. Not just style forum members. This is why things go fast. Think big name stores on opening minute of black friday

And luckily we don't have to worry about old people getting trampled.

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GiltGroupe
And luckily we don't have to worry about old people getting trampled.

This would be an awesome feature.

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hacksul
I wanted to avoid tailoring because at the pricepoint they are charging for some of the plain looking solids/oxfords to have it additionally needing tailoring to fit I thought was not worth it (might as well buy some J crew, gap, banana republic stuff on clearance and have them altered though the quality of the boo is definately better). I was even hesitant to buy at the $90 pricepoint because to be honest many of the boo shirts are somewhat by nature plain and not really that distinctive besides the cut and most average folks (non sf people) will just think that some guy bought a J Crew shirt that was "too small" Since I don't have much time to goto the tailor too much (though he is good Italian one) I felt like what the hell, I'll wear them till I outgrow them/shrink and it seems that Boo is popular enough so that somebody will buy them off you if you happen to not like them.

Are you thinking outloud?

Yardsale

Reaction score
let the reselling begin
confused.gif

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he was also rocking the boat boots in the above article. i guess yeezy's in ny for fashion week stuff.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
he was also rocking the boat boots in the above article. i guess yeezy's in ny for fashion week stuff.

Yes he was wearing the same pair my boss had on that day...which he got for free from Scott.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics