• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hugo Boss is crapola

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
Me too - until I found SF...

Exactly.
smile.gif

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
Boss suits are crap and Boss Selection suits seem like the same thing with unfinished sleeves. However, I like the fabrics and slim cuts of their shirts and pants. They are often fairly easy to find at discount.

Baldessarini suits were made by Caruso but are not very easy to find.

Can't one buy better-quality shirts somewhere else and have them tailored to get a similar cut?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of that movie...
confused.gif

contaygious

Reaction score
I like their polos, boxers, and they have some nice overcoats, but that's all I buy from them. Oh and I have a pair of their optical glasses I like.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Is Bose really that bad? I'm no audiophile but I'm pretty happy with my sound system, although it did cost a pretty penny at the time. Any chance for a quick PM to talk about it? (I'm not looking to be flatly told it sucks. I think what i've got is good and I like it, I'm just curious why some people hate Bose)

Bose is extremely over-rated.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had good luck with my Boss suit I purchase last fall. Only paid a little over $200 and about $30 at the tailor. Since then I found SF and have added a Zegna, Paul Stuart, and Canali. Thanks SF

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkidd41011
Bose is extremely over-rated.

EXTREMELY!!!

Boss1982

Reaction score
I bought a Boss Red Label suit about 2 years ago. It held up pretty well until recently when some of the threads started to rip. I got it fixed for free since my grandfather is a tailor. Now is it cause i gained a little bit of weight one time after that and must have tore it the way i sat or tugged somehow or even ran - i don't remember, or is ist just mediocre stitching. I did spend a lot of money it, around $500. I'm never buying another Boss suit for close to that amount.

I own quite a few boss jeans, pants and shirts, and so far they have been working well for me. I do enjoy their cuts and styles. Also, I also don't think they are worth the regular price - never, I usually by my Boss clothes from N. rack or filene's and even saks fifth when they had the huge sale for an avg of 20-40 dollars - that includes dress pants, jeans or shirts.

I do love their underwear, verycomfortable, smooth and quite housing.

SeriousBusiness

Reaction score
I have a blue BOSS dress shirt which I got on sale a couple years ago which I quite like. I also got a couple plain V neck black t-shirts on sale as well. They fit nice, maybe a little short though.

Boss1982

Reaction score
Originally Posted by beansprouts1
I personally like the cut on the HUGO shirts and slim black label shirts. You can find them especially cheap at bloomingdales these days, usually for under 40 bucks a shirt.

I saw a black and white color HUGO label in online bloomies yes, but i didn't feel like paying for their shipping. I have a slim fit HUGO label shirt - it's a beautiful shirt with great fitting for me. I've wore it many times, I got it on sale from Barney's outlet in leesburg for less than 40$.
The bloomies in white flint mall, md has quite few Boss clothes. They used to carry Zegna too but they stopped recently.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me guess, you're a boss fan?

Originally Posted by Boss1982
I saw a black and white color HUGO label in online bloomies yes, but i didn't feel like paying for their shipping. I have a slim fit HUGO label shirt - it's a beautiful shirt with great fitting for me. I've wore it many times, I got it on sale from Barney's outlet in leesburg for less than 40$.
The bloomies in white flint mall, md has quite few Boss clothes. They used to carry Zegna too but they stopped recently.

GoAussieGo

Reaction score
I only buy Hugo Boss casual gear (the orange? label) - its actually good quality and lasts very well. Their casual shoes and boots arent bad either.

Boss1982

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
Let me guess, you're a boss fan?

perfectly valid question
couple of reasons i chose this ID - 1) i do own some boss clothes
2) a friend of mine told me about a fellah from his university whose 1st name was Boss
so the nickname is inspired from the above reasons!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics