• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BoO / Gilt Fallout

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cucurrucucu
I picked the bib oxford shirt in S:

Picture6.png

Honest question: Where are you planning on wearing such a thing?

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously. If it were not the BoO name I dont understand when you would ever wear a bib shirt. Bib shirts are the only shirts I ever see after a sale that are still in stock.

pinoy

Reaction score
i picked up one of the bibbed shirts. i find they add a nice tailored touch to casual outfits.

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
Seriously. If it were not the BoO name I dont understand when you would ever wear a bib shirt. Bib shirts are the only shirts I ever see after a sale that are still in stock.
I have a black, one button, peak lapel suit from Costume National that I wore to my wedding. I briefly considered picking that bib shirt off eBay and finding a narrow bowtie to pair with the suit to create a makeshift tuxedo. That was even a stretch. I need to see an example of this bib shirt in action to be convinced that it's not just one of those batty BoO vanity pieces like boat shoe boots.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
My 10.5 sperry navy boat shoes fit me well sockless. I definitely couldn't do a 10, but probably could do an 11 if i wanted to wear socks. Makes me think i shouldn't just bought 11 in those boots. Hmm.... Maybe i'll try to switch it up if 11 is still available
Thanks for the tip... A quick google search said the womans ran large so I ordered the 9.5, but after seeing that I went ahead and ordered a 10 which I think should fit better. Luckily it was still available. Anyone know if I cancel my order if I get cash back if it hasn't shipped yet?

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
If I wasn't broke, I would have kopped that baseball jacket in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted by JD_May
^Pretty much how fast you would've had to be, too.

I had that baseball jacket in my cart as soon as the sale started, but ended up leaving it. Still got an earl gray overdyed oxford... Really need to stop spending money, I'm going to NYC on Wednesday.

Who bought the plum overdyed in XL?

pinoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
Thanks for the tip... A quick google search said the womans ran large so I ordered the 9.5, but after seeing that I went ahead and ordered a 10 which I think should fit better. Luckily it was still available.

Anyone know if I cancel my order if I get cash back if it hasn't shipped yet?

on gilt's FAQ:

"You have the option to modify or cancel your order up to 15 minutes after your order is placed. You can do this once you receive your order confirmation receipt by clicking the Print Receipt option and choosing Modify or Cancel. After 15 minutes, you can no longer modify or cancel your order."

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lysol

There was a bib shirt from a different company with a bit more of a looser fit and nice texture that i almost bought. I'd wear it wish some baggy with a taper yohji esque trousers either tucked into or slightly cropped with black combat boots. Not a huge fan of the BoO one though

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pinoy
on gilt's FAQ:

"You have the option to modify or cancel your order up to 15 minutes after your order is placed. You can do this once you receive your order confirmation receipt by clicking the Print Receipt option and choosing Modify or Cancel. After 15 minutes, you can no longer modify or cancel your order."

Thanks. I guess I'll just selling the worse fitting pair on B&S. I'm pretty sure I can get rid of them quick.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Bib Band shirts look babyish. It isn't channeling a tuxedo shirt.. it's channeling a messy baby at dinner time.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cbusguy
i may have made a stupid mistake, but size 0 is an extra small?

Yes, if it's a mistake I will buy it

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lysol

Originally Posted by Dashaansafin

If you layer over it, most people would probably not notice it as a bib shirt so it would just be a shirt with an interesting detail, like contrast colors.

cucurrucucu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
If you layer over it, most people would probably not notice it as a bib shirt so it would just be a shirt with an interesting detail, like contrast colors.
This is exactly what I thinking of. I hope it works though...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads