• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finding Longwings

Jmca1

Reaction score
I was hoping the collective could help me out. I have decided I want a pair of black longwings, but I can't seem to find what i'm looking for (though as of this writing I have a few emails out there) I tried AoC, Leather Soul, Leffot, and am waiting for emails back, but no one seems to have any, let alone in my size (11.5E or 12d). Any suggestions on where I might find a pair. I don't think I would spend more than $500, but I am open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

James

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Call the Alden store in NYC, or maybe some other Alden stores in the country for a phone order perhaps. Also did you check shoemart?

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Call BB in Manhasset. They may have some Black Fleece shell longwings left in stock. They are made by Alden. I have a pair and I really like them.

mxgreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in South Florida, but ordered a pair of the BB Black Fleece shell longwings from the madison avenue store earlier this month. The store's number is 212-682-8800, ask for the black fleece department (ext. 3339), then ask for Gabriel. The shoes were on sale for $400 - regular price is $800. I may have gotten the last pair of 12D, but if so I suspect that Gabriel can find a pair for you at another store.

Good luck!!

Jmca1

Reaction score
I tried Manhasset, Madison, Scarsdale and White Plains BB.... all of which are closed for the evening!!!! Earlier today I tried Leffot, Alden of Carmel and Leather Soul. I did not try shoemart yet, I figure Ill try those after BB tomorrow. I have forgotten what the Black Fleece long wings looked like, so if anyone has a pic, I would appreciate it

Thanks for the input so far. Matthelm, I appreciate the link, but I am not a fan of the pebble grain, though the price is quite good!

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sh3ps0.jpg

sh1uv5.jpg

sh2dh6.jpg

Jmca1

Reaction score
I decided to jump a few time zones and speak to someone in Black Fleece on Rodeo drive... they are trying to see if they can find a pair for me. I hope I can still get them for $400!!!! This is my early bday present to myself. I'm hoping I can get them for my bday which is Saturday. Wish me luck!

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jmca1
I decided to jump a few time zones and speak to someone in Black Fleece on Rodeo drive... they are trying to see if they can find a pair for me. I hope I can still get them for $400!!!! This is my early bday present to myself. I'm hoping I can get them for my bday which is Saturday. Wish me luck!

Good luck.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good luck. They're great shoes and well worth the effort. I wore mine today.

Jmca1

Reaction score
Well,

As of this writing, I'm still waiting for Rodeo Drive to get back to me.... I wonder if he will, I forgot his name to be honest (I couldnt quite understand it when I called) Worst case, ill just call Manhasset and Madison tomorrow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads